Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 19th May 2022]

Soldato
It was pretty inevitable mind. Mad that in this very thread it has been compared to Ronaldo slapping a phone out of a kids hand. Some people :D

I was claiming how quickly people are to act and punish the idiot. Ronaldo committed the same crime but on a child yet absolutely nothing has happened. Both ABH, one punished and one not. McBurnie has a meeting with the police...Ronaldo?

Why is that a wild comparison? What do you think is different?

Associate
Grim that, Everton fans showing no respect at all to Patrick Viera. Scum.

This place is odd, how often in here do we see a teams fans called scum based of individual actions. Or for fan chants.

Then Liverpool boo the national anthem and silence.

Such agendas, like the stick Lampard takes. As much as I'm devastated Everton won't be going down when Liverpool win the quad, none of the people on here slagging off Frank are now giving him credit for keeping up a team which was doomed. He got 3 or more huge performances from the team when under the most pressure. A team that has zero confidence left after that useless lump Rafa left them. I've seen fewer teams with zero appetite for football than that Everton team post Rafa. They were utterly dreadful and had no fight. They are still dreadful, look at away to watford but somehow he's kept them up. It will be interesting to see how they rebuild and who leaves from here.

Caporegime
when Liverpool win the quad
200w.gif

Permabanned
Thought Villa played well last night, certainly better then the sterile Palace game considering we rested a few key players. Burnley where determined to leave with a point and set up accordingly, 7ft brick walls everywhere.
Buendia had a truly excellent game, one of his best performances all season despite him giving away a pen, he's got so much fight. Digne is growing into a treasure as well, never lets anything go.
Continue to feel sorry for Watkins and Ings though. We feed them next to nothing every game because it's always the wingers breaking through. We're just not brave or pacey enough for the style of play that would allow them to take chances. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Watkins go this summer which would be a great shame.

Genuinely think there's a good chance we could take something from City on Sunday. If we can eek out that first 20 mins and keep them on a level then there's no reason we couldn't grow into the game. City have everything to loose and they could well bottle it.

Soldato
Remind me who wanted him gone from Everton?

I'm in two minds with pitch invasions. It's just a shame there's no way to get the opposite players off first. Fans celebrating with players is good to see.
It would be good to see, but football fans keep proving that they just can't be trusted to act like adults.

People always complain why football fans are treat like criminals... This past week has shown exactly why.

Associate
They should have gone down. But those crappy fans dragged them through it. Their support has been outstanding where the players have let them down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don
Making out Lampard's a genius because you made a silly prediction :D

It was tighter than it should have been but this group of Everton players were a lot better than their form suggested. Goodison can be Everton's worst enemy at times but when they need something they always pull through and Everton's home form was going to save them as I always said.

Soldato
I'm assuming you ignored the majority of the media if you think there was nothing said about booing the anthem, perfectly acceptable imo and nothing your typical knuckle dragging ingurland fan does every single time England face opposition.

Commissario
They should have gone down. But those crappy fans dragged them through it. Their support has been outstanding where the players have let them down.

SO it's hardly fair to call the fans crappy then is it. ;)

On another note, the team certainly doesn't deserve the fan base. The squad is atrocious, as you mentioned it will be interesting to see how Frank rebuilds the team. :)

Soldato
I'm assuming you ignored the majority of the media if you think there was nothing said about booing the anthem, perfectly acceptable imo and nothing your typical knuckle dragging ingurland fan does every single time England face opposition.

LBC dedicated a whole day and a bit to talking about it lol.

Caporegime
My two relegation predictions are turning out great so far. I said Newcastle spending in January would save them comfortably and said Everton weren't bad enough to get relegated.

Don
I said Newcastle wouldn't go down before they signed anybody and Everton wouldn't go down. I also said there's no chance of Leeds going down too though which is looking a little shaky. I think they're gone in actual fact. Brentford have the motivation to send them down and I'm not sure Newcastle have much to spoil Burnley's party.

Soldato
This place is odd, how often in here do we see a teams fans called scum based of individual actions. Or for fan chants.

Such agendas, like the stick Lampard takes. As much as I'm devastated Everton won't be going down when Liverpool win the quad, none of the people on here slagging off Frank are now giving him credit for keeping up a team which was doomed. He got 3 or more huge performances from the team when under the most pressure. A team that has zero confidence left after that useless lump Rafa left them. I've seen fewer teams with zero appetite for football than that Everton team post Rafa. They were utterly dreadful and had no fight. They are still dreadful, look at away to watford but somehow he's kept them up. It will be interesting to see how they rebuild and who leaves from here.
I am one of those giving Frank huge kudos for the job he has done.
Still leaves this fan issue, which is no one-off, and casts a shadow over the sport.

Soldato
I said Newcastle wouldn't go down before they signed anybody and Everton wouldn't go down. I also said there's no chance of Leeds going down too though which is looking a little shaky. I think they're gone in actual fact. Brentford have the motivation to send them down and I'm not sure Newcastle have much to spoil Burnley's party.
I agree, proviso being Leeds can magic a result like they did v Burnley, WH and Wolves earlier this year. Roll on 5.30ish on saturday, could be well tight.

Back
Top Bottom