Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [15th - 18th October 2021]

Soldato
fan attendance perhaps?
I’d like to see the % of city population to see if it’s as large as some small towns attendance.
I think it's because there's a bit of a stereotype that they have a really passionate fanbase, can't really see how they're any more passionate than most other clubs fans though.
Exactly, I would imagine watching some lower league dross week in week out is more passionate knowing you’re never going to see top players

Caporegime
Don’t think so I’m quite happy with the owners of my club thanks, don’t really get excited over football anymore but just find it strange that a fan of Newcastle deserves success more than a fan of Darlington or any other club worldwide, what have they done to deserve it more?

It makes total sense to take over a club in the Northeast as there is no competition. It makes more sense than when the Arabs bought Man City. You have a 50k+ stadium and a loyal fan base. The Newcastle brand will be marketable as well and considering how Mike Ashley is the business has been ran well from a financial point of view.

Soldato
It makes total sense to take over a club in the Northeast as there is no competition. It makes more sense than when the Arabs bought Man City. You have a 50k+ stadium and a loyal fan base. The Newcastle brand will be marketable as well and considering how Mike Ashley is the business has been ran well from a financial point of view.
I understand why they were taken over it just puzzles me why so many people say that they deserve it, I would say a season ticket holder at a League 2 club deserve success as much if not more as they aren’t seeing great players every other week play against their team like Newcastle fans are

Caporegime
I didn’t realise we were counting inter toto cups or whatever it was. Still haven’t won anything domestically in over half a century.

The mid to late 90’s and Shearer skyrocketed their popularity but they aren’t a bigger club than many around them in that list.

Middlesbrough are most likely the biggest going by recent history. Still cannot get over the fact a club can get into both league and FA cup finals. Lose them both and get relegated as well. Must be a Northeast thing!

Back
Top Bottom