Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd - 28th April 2022]

fez

fez

Caporegime
I didn't say that. It's easy to just be extremely negative and sit saying "I told you so."

Its not his negativity (which is mind boggling) its the fact that he cannot actually back it up with any proof or useful points of discussion. Its always just "Sancho is ****, rubbish signing". Sancho today was brilliant at times but I'm sure that will have completely passed him by.

Criticism is fine and god knows we deserve a lot of it over the past few years but it has to be valid and relevant.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Bottle the 'easy' games and win the big ones, peak arsenal.

If Brentford can get a result we're laughing.

I mean, you got away with one today so I wouldn't take too much from the result. Vital 3 points that probably cements your chances of CL but make no mistake, this game could easily have finished as a draw or a United win.

Soldato
I mean, you got away with one today so I wouldn't take too much from the result. Vital 3 points that probably cements your chances of CL but make no mistake, this game could easily have finished as a draw or a United win.

but it didnt so who cares

Soldato
Watched the tackle again, brutal that, how was he not red carded. Joke that ref, the handball was a joke in the first half too. Draw was probably a fair result I reckon.

Man of Honour

Arsenal weren't very good, just slightly less bad with a bit of fortune when they needed it. Remember, people are saying this current Utd side is the easiest team to play against in the league at present :o :p

I'm not sure why Spurs are being dismissed for 4th place? Better manager and Kane/Son. Inconsistent but so are Arsenal.

Soldato
Arsenal weren't very good, just slightly less bad with a bit of fortune when they needed it. Remember, people are saying this current Utd side is the easiest team to play against in the league at present :o :p

I'm not sure why Spurs are being dismissed for 4th place? Better manager and Kane/Son. Inconsistent but so are Arsenal.

whose dismissed spurs for 4th?

brentford tonight is a tough game and they still have liverpool to play

Man of Honour
OP

I did say that this is awful stuff and im happy to be winning ugly. We 100% rode our luck in both this and the Chelsea game but that's the way football goes sometimes. Ref was awful and both sides got away with game changing decisions.

Soldato
Interestingly United were actually a bit better today but only an improvement from the most abysmal ever. McTominay made a difference. He's far from Rice but he added something and more than you get from Pogba. Ronaldo also had a decent enough showing given his troubles. Fernandes should not be continually selected until he can show more discipline. He's a complete liability and has been for weeks and weeks. Arsenal aren't a great side infact it's probably the poorest race for top 4 for years. United = utter gash, Arsenal = spasmodically gash, Spurs = just Spursy.

Associate
Will be hoping for a good Brentford result, its possible, don't fancy a possible local derby to decide who gets fourth!

fez

fez

Caporegime
I did say that this is awful stuff and im happy to be winning ugly. We 100% rode our luck in both this and the Chelsea game but that's the way football goes sometimes. Ref was awful and both sides got away with game changing decisions.

Didn't watch the Arsenal/Chelsea game so I have no idea how it went. The truth is that Arsenal, United and Spurs are all pretty average teams with a smattering of quality that keeps them above the weaker teams in the league. None of them currently are masters of their own destiny and flit between looking decent and awful week to week. United are just very much going for awful right now.

Its why I am not overly worried that ETHs job is impossible next season like some are suggesting. Outside of the top 2, maybe 3, the rest of the league is pretty good but it doesn't take much quality to be a contender for 4th place.

I think Arsenal will probably sneak it this season but who knows.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Interestingly United were actually a bit better today but only an improvement from the most abysmal ever. McTominay made a difference. He's far from Rice but he added something and more than you get from Pogba. Ronaldo also had a decent enough showing given his troubles. Fernandes should not be continually selected until he can show more discipline. He's a complete liability and has been for weeks and weeks. Arsenal aren't a great side infact it's probably the poorest race for top 4 for years. United = utter gash, Arsenal = spasmodically gash, Spurs = just Spursy.

People are forgetting that United have had quite a few injury issues to an already underperforming squad and have few options for quality cover.

Varane has been injured for a while before today
Fred has been injured for a few games now
McTominay was out for a while
Rashford might as well not exist
Shaw has been out for months
Cavani has been out for months
Greenwood will never play for us again

Thats not exactly helping a team that is a bit **** anyway.

I thought we did OK by our own low standards.

Soldato
United could have got something out the game, but you could have also been down to 9 men. Final result, lost 3-1 and. Or good enough again, does 6th place get Europa League? Or is it conference?

Don
... infact it's probably the poorest race for top 4 for years. United = utter gash, Arsenal = spasmodically gash, Spurs = just Spursy.
This isn't close to being as bad as 18/19. From their last 15 games combined Spurs, Arsenal and Utd managed just 2 wins, 4 draws and 9 defeats in their 'race' for 4th.

fez

fez

Caporegime
This isn't close to being as bad as 18/19. From their last 15 games combined Spurs, Arsenal and Utd managed just 2 wins, 4 draws and 9 defeats in their 'race' for 4th.

Its a race as long as you are on the start line Baz :p

i dont think it matters, I think finishing 7th or 8th is more realistic with how things are going.

Fingers crossed we aren't in the stupid conference thing. EL or nothing would 100% be my choice.

Back
Top Bottom