Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [28th - 30th December 2021]

Soldato
Liverpool missed a pen, had all of the ball including 12 corners and missed some absolute sitters whereas Leicester scored with their only shot on target which really should have been saved.

You can be unlucky when losing a game....it is a thing.

Caporegime
Liverpool missed a pen, had all of the ball including 12 corners and missed some absolute sitters whereas Leicester scored with their only shot on target which really should have been saved.

You can be unlucky when losing a game....it is a thing.
Missing a pen is not unlucky, it was good from the keeper, and 4 out of 21 shots on target is woefully poor from Liverpool.

Liverpool weren’t unlucky, they just underperformed and were beaten by an excellent goal.

Soldato
Missing a pen is not unlucky, it was good from the keeper, and 4 out of 21 shots on target is woefully poor from Liverpool.

Liverpool weren’t unlucky, they just underperformed and were beaten by an excellent goal.

Ofcourse they were unlucky. On another day the games out of sight in the first half.

Last night was a freak result result that is somehow seen as deserved because they put the ball in the net despite them doing bugger all and scored from a shot that Alisson saves 99 times out of 100. Liverpool werent great but did more then enough to win the game and should have won last night.

Soldato
Ofcourse they were unlucky. On another day the games out of sight in the first half.

Last night was a freak result result that is somehow seen as deserved because they put the ball in the net despite them doing bugger all and scored from a shot that Alisson saves 99 times out of 100. Liverpool werent great but did more then enough to win the game and should have won last night.
Omnomnom we weren't good enough, so that's why it was a deserved loss, klopp himself says it, Henderson does too. What are you seeing that our own players and manager can't?

Soldato
Omnomnom we weren't good enough, so that's why it was a deserved loss, klopp himself says it, Henderson does too. What are you seeing that our own players and manager can't?

I wouldnt expect them to say any different but you can say that Leicester were lucky. In the similar way you can say United were to get a point out of that Newcastle game because ASM missed a sitter.

Liverpool absolutely dominated the game last night...they had more of the ball, more big chances (5) missed a penalty and missed two open goals. You only have to look at the attacking momentum on sofascore (SofaScore: The Fastest Football Scores and Live Score for 2021) to know that Leicester got lucky.

It isnt all binary...just because a team scores a goal doesnt mean they werent fortunate. Anyone telling me Leicester didn't ride their luck last night is kidding themselves.

Soldato
I watched the game, I don't care what the numbers state stat wise, every time we got to the final third we were poor.

We could have played another 30 minutes and I bet we still wouldn't of scored.

Don
This whole deserved argument comes up every few months.

It sounds like a massive contradiction but imo we were the better side despite playing poorly and Leicester rode their luck but deserved to win. 99 times out of 100 Leicester don't score with their 1 attack of the game and one of our countless attacks ends up being bundled in through no change of ability on the day, just from a bounce of the ball dropping your way. That said, imo, we got what we deserved because we could have taken any luck or good fortune out of the game. We got into enough attacking situations to have scored 3 or 4 goals yesterday but our play in the final 3rd was terrible. We shouldn't have needed to be lucky (or not unlucky) but our inability to finish off attacks left us needing to be.

Soldato
If you don't score then you don't deserve to win as mentioned above we had plenty of opportunities to win the game, Salah with the penalty miss and then the follow up, Mane missing a sitter (although on his current 18 month form I wouldn't bet on him being able to score that with no goalkeeper), Jota missing a chance you'd expect him to score from 99 times out of 100. Yes leicester were lucky but they shouldn't have been in a position to have the match decided by that one piece of luck.

Shame the league is done now, Man City won't be dropping 6 points.

Soldato
If you don't score then you don't deserve to win as mentioned above we had plenty of opportunities to win the game, Salah with the penalty miss and then the follow up, Mane missing a sitter (although on his current 18 month form I wouldn't bet on him being able to score that with no goalkeeper), Jota missing a chance you'd expect him to score from 99 times out of 100. Yes leicester were lucky but they shouldn't have been in a position to have the match decided by that one piece of luck.

Shame the league is done now, Man City won't be dropping 6 points.

Well its what everyone wants so im sure the majority will be happy. Theyll go on to spend another couple of hundred million in the next 12 months and win it again next season.

Caporegime
Well its what everyone wants so im sure the majority will be happy. Theyll go on to spend another couple of hundred million in the next 12 months and win it again next season.

Such is life in the premier league now. Although it will most likely be Newcastle winning everything in the next decade and Liverpool and United fans will only have the good old days to talk about.

Soldato
Such is life in the premier league now. Although it will most likely be Newcastle winning everything in the next decade and Liverpool and United fans will only have the good old days to talk about.

I honestly think United and Liverpool will win it again before Newcastle do. Unless they can get themselves around FFP then i cant see them doing a lot for a while.

If City manage to sign players for 20 mil, play them a few times with them doing very little and somehow get 50 mil from skint Spanish clubs they wont be stopped any time soon.

Don
Reading the views of some of you lot on here isn't half depressing. Half of you hate your own side more than your rivals, get more excited over transfers than matches (or are complaining about not signing somebody) and want to hand every trophy to City before a ball has been kicked. I honestly think those 3 points account for around 50% of posts on here.

Permabanned
Reading the views of some of you lot on here isn't half depressing. Half of you hate your own side more than your rivals, get more excited over transfers than matches (or are complaining about not signing somebody) and want to hand every trophy to City before a ball has been kicked. I honestly think those 3 points account for around 50% of posts on here.

Aye. Have to have a break from here sometimes just to get some proper perspective. Feel like I used to be the same to be honest, it's only after getting back into the game after a 6 year break that I realized what I should be getting from the game; entertainment and joy regardless of result, always (almost... ;))

Soldato
and want to hand every trophy to City before a ball has been kicked.
To win the league with a Man City squad that has 50 million pound players as back ups in every position you have to be pretty much perfect over the course of a 38 game season, the bar has been raised such that teams have to hit low to mid 90 points now to be in with a shout of being champions. Cup games are a different story, but the league is done for this season.

Caporegime

I think because at the beginning of the season you have hope that you are going to win only to see the juggernaut of City go into the distance. As G.Neville said the other night just like the players we are all a bunch of whingebags.

Back
Top Bottom