Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [2nd - 3rd October 2021]

Soldato
They had 2 shots on target the whole game, one of which was the goal. You're making it sound like they had loads of chances. Before the goal they had basically no chances.

Ole said they were in today control. Everton got 10 shots away in your box…that isn’t control. Davies was one on one and wrongly squared it…also not in control.

Ole embarrasses himself on a weekly basis. Just say that you didn’t play well and Everton matched them.

Don
Everton had lots of half chances in the first half and on another day would have been ahead prior to Utd scoring and for all Utd's possession, Everton looked comfortable. Possession doesn't always equal control. Even with just 30% possession, Everton created more and better chances than Utd.

Caporegime
Everton had lots of half chances in the first half and on another day would have been ahead prior to Utd scoring and for all Utd's possession, Everton looked comfortable. Possession doesn't always equal control. Even with just 30% possession, Everton created more and better chances than Utd.

They had 1.28 xG all game, and Ole is talking about before the goal. What lot of chances were these? Before the goal we also had the second best chance with Cavani's header.

Don
They had 1.28 xG all game, and Ole is talking about before the goal. What lot of chances were these?
Their xg won't include the Mina disallowed goal. Had Davies shot instead of tried to square it then their xg would have been 1.7ish to Utd's 0.9 - they were the better side over the course of the game.

And there were numerous little half openings for Everton in the first half. The Doucoure blocked effort, the Townsend shot, Rondon had a couple of little openings, the shot from distance from Gray when he probably could have carried the ball further.

Caporegime
Their xg won't include the Mina disallowed goal. Had Davies shot instead of tried to square it then their xg would have been 1.7ish to Utd's 0.9 - they were the better side over the course of the game.

And there were numerous little half openings for Everton in the first half. The Doucoure blocked effort, the Townsend shot, Rondon had a couple of little openings, the shot from distance from Gray when he probably could have carried the ball further.

Baz.

Ole said we were in control of the game before the goal. Did the Davies chance happen before the goal? I'm not sure if you and omnom are incapable of reading or just trying to wind me up. I ask how we were out of control and you both start talking about incidents after the goal.

Don
Baz.

Ole said we were in control of the game before the goal. Did the Davies chance happen before the goal? I'm not sure if you and omnom are incapable of reading or just trying to wind me up. I ask how we were out of control and you both start talking about incidents after the goal.
I know when Davies had his chance, I was just putting some context to your claim about Everton's xg across the game.

You only want to talk about what happened pre Everton's goal so ok lets do that. Prior to Everton's goal their xg was circa 0.9 and Utd's was 0.5. Prior to Everton's goal they still created more/better chances to score than Utd.

Caporegime
I know when Davies had his chance, I was just putting some context to your claim about Everton's xg across the game.

You only want to talk about what happened pre Everton's goal so ok lets do that. Prior to Everton's goal their xg was circa 0.9 and Utd's was 0.5. Prior to Everton's goal they still created more/better chances to score than Utd.

Can you share that? Because they didn't have any chances as good as Martial's goal or Cavani's header.

Caporegime
Not sure how Townsend has a higher xG than Martial's when Martial's was in the penalty area. Cavani's was closer and only has 6% chance to score :confused: I've never understood how they calculate it. Wait, the Martial goal was 5% chance to score?? He had no defenders and a clear shot at goal :confused:

Several of those chances were hit straight at defenders so calling them chances is a bit misleading. It would only be a chance if the defender didn't exist.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom