Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [5th - 7th August 2022]

Soldato
Teflon Gerrard. Nothing sticks to him but like Lamps is unbelievably out of his depth. It's crazy because Scott Parker is clearly better than both Gerrard and Lamps but jobs for the boys and all that.
Lampard hasnt won anything...Gerrard has. It isnt as good a league as the EPL but still hes won it and did it not losing once.

Associate
Good win at Elland Road. Coming back from being behind has hopefully given the team confidence for the coming season as I can see us conceding a few goals. Attack looks good and even more pacey after Dan James gets back.

Soldato
First game of the season so don’t want to be too critical but Newcastle should have beaten forest far more comfortably. For all our possession we didn’t really create that many clear cut chances but there were some great performances out there With Bruno the pick of them. He’s got it all that lad, imo we’ve never had such a complete midfielder since Cabaye.
Forest were very poor, looked like a team of random championship players just shuffled together. I would have hooked Niakhate at half time, liability. They are going face some much more deadly sides than Newcastle and get demolished.
Their fans and players never get an easy time at SJP due to the long memories of Newcastle fans, some that were probably not even born during the strike but it was always going to be difficult for any side up there today given the confidence at the club right now. Good result, good goals and we continue to improve. I think Newcastles starting 11 are as good or better than the teams we should be aiming to finish around but other than the goalkeeper and defence, there is just no strength in depth. Hopefully we can get a few more bodies in before end of the month.

Soldato
First game of the season so don’t want to be too critical but Newcastle should have beaten forest far more comfortably. For all our possession we didn’t really create that many clear cut chances but there were some great performances out there With Bruno the pick of them. He’s got it all that lad, imo we’ve never had such a complete midfielder since Cabaye.
Forest were very poor, looked like a team of random championship players just shuffled together. I would have hooked Niakhate at half time, liability. They are going face some much more deadly sides than Newcastle and get demolished.
Their fans and players never get an easy time at SJP due to the long memories of Newcastle fans, some that were probably not even born during the strike but it was always going to be difficult for any side up there today given the confidence at the club right now. Good result, good goals and we continue to improve. I think Newcastles starting 11 are as good or better than the teams we should be aiming to finish around but other than the goalkeeper and defence, there is just no strength in depth. Hopefully we can get a few more bodies in before end of the month.

Yeah I think they could see a 6 or 7 goal loss again pool or city of they play like that, they look really poor.

We go from strength to strength though. Good to get off with a win and clean sheet, I like the fact we look very solid. BG will prove to be one of the best ever signings, what a player. He would not look out of place at Madrid etc.

Soldato
Yeah I think they could see a 6 or 7 goal loss again pool or city of they play like that, they look really poor.

We go from strength to strength though. Good to get off with a win and clean sheet, I like the fact we look very solid. BG will prove to be one of the best ever signings, what a player. He would not look out of place at Madrid etc.
Ha, no one creates a superstar as quick as Newcastle fans! We do have a bit of a rep for getting a tad over excited but aye, he looks the real deal. Hopefully he can keep that form over the full season.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Martinez can cover for Maguire when he takes half hour to turn and Maguire can give him a leg up at corners

"Thats just 2 kids in a trenchcoat"

I think it will probably be either Rashford up front or more likely a false 9 sort of setup.

Should be a good test either way as many clubs have found out, pre-season isn't even close to the intensity of the PL. Brighton are a good side with a good manager as well.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If nothing else we seem to actually be kicking the ball with more force. Used to do my head in watching us stroke the ball around so slowly that a switch of play would be adjusted for before the ball even got there.

Back
Top Bottom