Greenlizard0 PL Football Thread ** spoilers ** [23rd 25th June 2020]

Caporegime
They’re still kneeling :confused:

Dmt want to bang on about this, but why are they still doing it? There was no silence for Covid victims, no silence for the Reading attack victims, No applause for the NHS, yet they are still kneeling for BLM.

They said it would be for the first 12 games.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Dmt want to bang on about this, but why are they still doing it? There was no silence for Covid victims, no silence for the Reading attack victims, No applause for the NHS, yet they are still kneeling for BLM.

They said it would be for the first 12 games.

Yet here you are....

iirc the 12 games thing was just for the shirts.

Soldato
Why shouldn’t they? If it helps then why shouldn’t it continue indefinitely? I personally find any racism despicable and if it helps in any small way then what’s the harm ?

My only reservation is there is inevitably going to be time where players feel obliged which I don’t agree with either.

Disclaimer I don’t have all the answers :)

edit - this game is toilet :p

Caporegime
Why shouldn’t they? If it helps then why shouldn’t it continue indefinitely? I personally find any racism despicable and if it helps in any small way then what’s the harm ?

My only reservation is there is inevitably going to be time where players feel obliged which I don’t agree with either.

Disclaimer I don’t have all the answers :)

edit - this game is toilet :p
But I don’t think it is helping. It just seems to be annoying a lot of people now.

One round of games was fine, like the silence for Covid victims. People are still dying by the hundreds but that has stopped. What makes the kneeling more deserving of continued use than remembering those who have lost their lives to this horrible disease?

Soldato
I'm not annoyed. I genuinely can't understand why it would annoy you either rob.
I don’t have a problem with it either, I personally don’t Like the “black Lives Matter“ slogan especially after the **** that some Chinese, Japanese and Koreans have had over the last 4-5 months that has been brushed away, it would have been much better with the “all lives matter” slogan but that has been hijacked by the extreme right wing.

Caporegime
I'm not annoyed. I genuinely can't understand why it would annoy you either rob.
Because it’s a political movement with some very dubious motives. Politics does not belong in football.

I have no problem with the kick it out shirts or anti racism gestures or slogans, but BLM is a political movement and should be kept out of football.

Soldato
Because it’s a political movement with some very dubious motives. Politics does not belong in football.

I have no problem with the kick it out shirts or anti racism gestures or slogans, but BLM is a political movement and should be kept out of football.
For me it’s not political it’s about raising awareness so at some point education finally makes skin colour not even a thing, as in not even thought about. Like i have green eyes and someone else has blue why the chuff does it matter:mad:

the T-shirt’s and the other things you have mentioned have been proven to be nothing more than a photo opportunity!

sadly I can’t see this happening in my life time. Anyway Kane makes it 2 :o

Soldato
Most of the games definitely seem to be slower pace than you would normally expect from the premier League
To be expected after a three month break though. They only returned to contact training three weeks before the first game.

Three months is a heck of break to have without a decent friendly schedule. Last season's Champions League final was a dire match because the players had had a three week break. It's the same with summer international tournaments.

It has been a bit of an anticlimax, but they'll get better. Man City already look pretty much up to speed.

Soldato
Most of the games definitely seem to be slower pace than you would normally expect from the premier League

Yeah, without the crowd and such a long time out it feels like they're all just training games. You only have to look at Mahrez's celebrations the other night to see how little people seem to be bothered!

The United vs Tottenham game got good towards the end as it felt like a lot more intent.

Back
Top Bottom