Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [10th - 12th August 2018]

Soldato
Guendozi? 5.5-6 i mentioned earlier. The only thing i remember him doing of any note was gifting Aguero a 1 on 1.

He certainly wasn't that much better then Xhaka whos been getting slaughtered.

Soldato
Guiendozi did okay considering he'd come from League 2 in France and got dropped in midfield against a team that will probably walk the league again. You can recognise his inexperience without pouring scorn on him and while he didn't set the world on fire his confidence didn't dip despite making mistakes and he kept on running... he's a prospect that's all. He mainly got the nod because he'd had a full preseason and Torreira hasn't (he was the last player to come back from the WC), so perhaps next week or the game after we'll start seeing something akin to what our preferred XI will be (probably minus Monreal although I don't know how long he's out for) and I don't think he'll be in it.

Soldato
Im not pouring scorn on him...im simply saying he wasnt "immense". He wasnt. Whether he came from ligue 2 in France or La Liga is irrelevant, the only thing that matters was how he performed on the pitch and he was average at best. Type in "Guendozi match rating" into google and the majority are 5 to 6 which is exactly where id put him. He might be seen as a prospect...so whys he playing against City then? Is that Arsenals depth? One fella doesnt have a proper pre season (was he injured because thats nonsense surely) and you're playing a propect at home against City!?

If Arsenal are playing this kid against City because no one else was fit then good luck because they'll get torn apart. At the moment he isn't at the level Arsenal need and i said this in the window thread and got criticised by Arsenal fans.

Time will tell if he will be good enough when he's older.

Last edited:
Soldato
Im not pouring scorn on him...im simply saying he wasnt "immense". He wasnt. Whether he came from ligue 2 in France or La Liga is irrelevant, the only thing that matters was how he performed on the pitch and he was average at best. Type in "Guendozi match rating" into google and the majority are 5 to 6 which is exactly where id put him. He might be seen as a prospect...so whys he playing against City then? Is that Arsenals depth? One fella doesnt have a proper pre season (was he injured because thats nonsense surely) and you're playing a propect at home against City!?

If Arsenal are playing this kid against City because no one else was fit then good luck because they'll get torn apart. At the moment he isn't at the level Arsenal need and i said this in the window thread and got criticised by Arsenal fans.

Time will tell if he will be good enough when he's older.
So who would you have played instead of him then?

Soldato
The fella you spent 25 odd million on.

Edit: In fact that doesn't even matter, i'm being critical of his performance like a lot of the newspapers and the Arsenal-mania forum were.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sounds like De Bryune might be injured for a little while. Could make the title race a bit more interesting if City aren't firing on all cylinders for the first few months of the season.

Back
Top Bottom