Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [17th - 22nd August 2018]

Don
Not the most fluent performance but comfortable none the less. Palace have got players that can cause any side problems but we defended really well and without having to make any outstanding saves you could see the difference Alisson brings to the side today. We were comfortable at the back because of how calm and composed we were on the ball at the back - there was no panicing, hitting aimless balls and inviting Palace onto us and getting their crowd up. Whenever they did attack we just strung a few passes together and took the sting out of the game.

Alisson's passing is outrageous. There's CL level midfielders that can't pass as well as him!

Soldato
We looked good despite losing last night. I expect Palace to beat every team outside the top 6 to be honest. We should be easily in top 10 at the end of the season if we continue as we've started

Soldato
[QUOTE="BaZ87, post: 32052894, member:
Alisson's passing is outrageous. There's CL level midfielders that can't pass as well as him![/QUOTE]

It's absurd! Every time he smacked one wide I rolled my eyes expecting it to fly out of play, and it never did

Soldato
Thought palace were tough opposition last night although I felt Liverpool definitely deserved the win. Not that many teams will come away from palace with three points this season. Not sure what the owl was banging on about though, sakho fouled Salah three times before the pen was finally given.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
We looked good despite losing last night. I expect Palace to beat every team outside the top 6 to be honest. We should be easily in top 10 at the end of the season if we continue as we've started

If Benteke gets some confidence back I think you’ll do okay. He’s currently lost his shooting boots.

Caporegime
Benteke is crap his touch is horrific, there are Sunday league players with a better touch and 95% of those are still half cooked from the Saturday night.

His goal scoring record isn't exactly fantastic, what did he do last season? Couple of goals for most of the season? So he's a striker who doesn't score and has a dire all around game, apart from being a big lump to hoof it to and hope he does something in the air.

The lad they brought on to replace him was more effective in the 15 minutes he had than Benteke was in the previous 75.

Last edited:
Soldato
Benteke is crap his touch is horrific, there are Sunday league players with a better touch and 95% of those are still half cooked from the Saturday night.

His goal scoring record isn't exactly fantastic, what did he do last season? Couple of goals for most of the season? So he's a striker who doesn't score and has a dire all around game, apart from being a big lump to hoof it to and hope he does something in the air.

The lad they brought on to replace him was more effective in the 15 minutes he had than Benteke was in the previous 75.

This pretty much

Although his scoring record for villa was pretty good

Soldato
Liverpool just did not suit his style of play. I remember being gobsmacked when we actually signed him (much like Andy Carroll) think he lost a lot of confidence. Also he's had a few injuries that have robbed him of some mobility.

He was a dangerous player for villa. Pretty hopeless these days though.

Soldato
I'm not too sad about last nights result - I thought we played well against a top tier Liverpool side.

Sakho needs to calm down - It was a clear penalty for me, and it should have been a penalty on his tackle in the Fulham match last week.
I don't really blame Wan-Bissaka for the red card tackle, I thought he took one for the team - It's just a shame we let one creep in at the last minute.

Townsend was really impressive, and was really unlucky he didn't score an absolute banger :p

Benteke was as useless as he always is - I really hope we start someone else up front against Watford this Sunday, he doesn't deserve to start - We've given him enough time to make a come back.

Overall though - I thought we played well in general, and I think this season is looking good.

Soldato
I'm not sure it was a penalty, yes his ankle was brushed but the second contact I thought was him stepping on Sakho which started the going down in stages. Very soft regardless.

Salah's last touch before the tackle took the ball a huge distance away from him, does it need to be under control to be considered a clear goal scoring opportunity?

Thought Palace played really well, was surprised how much of a game they gave Liverpool.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I'm not sure it was a penalty, yes his ankle was brushed but the second contact I thought was him stepping on Sakho which started the going down in stages. Very soft regardless.

Salah's last touch before the tackle took the ball a huge distance away from him, does it need to be under control to be considered a clear goal scoring opportunity?

Clear penalty to me, clipping his heels is enough to put him off balance and bring him down, you guys must all be ballerinas with great balance :p

The red I don't think he can have any complaints about, definitely took one for the team. It wasn't the best touch from Salah, but was there any chance the contact could have caused anything? I can't remember.

Back
Top Bottom