Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [1st - 5th November 2019]

Don
At first look that wasn't a red card challenge from Son, it was more unfortunate and the momentum taking Gomes into the other Spurs player's caused the injury. Atkinson even went to give a yellow before he realised the extent of the injury.

Soldato
I just don't think it was son challange, and as carragher said it surely wasn't a red.

I think it's aurier that's caused it with follow up knock.

Either way gutting for Andre gonna need a long time to recover

Don
Yea, clearly wasn't a red card for Son. How's VAR not overturned that?
Have the VAR officials ****ed up again? Not watching the game but surely they've got to be sure the right player's sent off.
I don't think the 2nd challenge was a foul. Gomes is falling and just collides with the Spurs player. The foul was from Son but it's never a red card, it's just a late slide challenge.

Soldato
VAR is just ****, may as well just go back to refs only least if they got it wrong can say only human, when we ignore tech that shows stuff correct/incorrect and its still ignored is zero point in it

Associate
Horrible injury. Can't understand why son has been sent off, and why var hasn't overturned it?! Having said that, the poor guy didn't look like he was in a fit state to play on anyway.

Associate
Yea, clearly wasn't a red card for Son. How's VAR not overturned that?

I don't think the 2nd challenge was a foul. Gomes is falling and just collides with the Spurs player. The foul was from Son but it's never a red card, it's just a late slide challenge.

I don’t think aurier did anything particularly dangerous, the Everton player was off balance and it was unlucky.

Don
I think it’s a case of no one should have had a red card? Commentators said he foot just got caught underneath him?
Yea, it's just a really unfortunate injury. Gomes was fouled by Son but it wasn't a dangerous tackle. Unfortunately as Gomes has fallen he's collided with a Spurs player and that's what lead to the injury.

Not that it's right but you can kind of understand why Atkinson gave the red. He's probably seen the injury and just assumed it was a terrible challenge but VAR has to see that was never a red and overturn it.

Back
Top Bottom