Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th October - 1st November 2017]

Soldato
game of few chances for either side - and decent win over a top four rival without at least one HUGE player for us (and arguably more)

Not sure why Valencia was booked, sure Dembele caught him with his knee - wasn't a penalty, as no intention, but shouldn't have been booked either

Caporegime
I'm glad you capitalised the 'huge' or I wouldn't have understood

Don't think it was a dive by Valencia, running into the back of people at speed can cause you to fall pretty easy, claiming for the penalty was pathetic mind

Soldato
Job done, very disjointed but got there in the end, important win.
we got better in the 2nd half, and even as that half wore on, but we were missing that extra player in midfield (arguably Spurs had 4 in midfield vs Herrera and Matic)

Was always going to be difficult game, so imo was always going to be scrappy

Soldato
Spurs were missing in the second half really. The odd chance. The Dele one being the only one I can remember tbh. Deserved win on the balance of play.

Spurs missing an obvious couple of big players that could and probably would have made a difference.

Still. A nice 3 points.

Soldato
Sissoko is not really the answer, would have enjoyed that match more with fully fit First teams playing each other.

Winks shattered, sissoko is a carthorse, llorente not match fit, wanyama and Dembele not fit, Kane out, no idea why Sanchez didn’t play. Not bad effort from spurs but not an accurate representation of where we are at our best.

Depth is a big problem but I don’t know who we could have got as striker or as some more pace down the wings.

Back
Top Bottom