Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [27th September - 1st October 2014]

Caporegime
So regardless of the result here, our only relatively(for one half) decent performance of the season so far is against a virus destroyed Villa side without their best defender being able to start because of said virus :(

Don
We didn't get the result we wanted earlier but at least the performance was considerably better. On the whole we defended really well, limiting Everton to 20 yard half volleys from their CB's :/

With Sturridge coming back and Lallana getting up to speed I'm sure that cutting edge in attack, which we lacked a bit today, will come and we'll start to string a few results together.

Caporegime
Another terrible performance, by both teams. Spurs put no effort into attacking in numbers particularly after their goal but not much more before it. Arsenal, devoid of any pace in attack, slow in everything they do, constantly horrible movement.

Ozil, Sanchez, Ox, Welbeck, Ramsey, Flamini, Gibbs all useless.

Caporegime
Every time I watch Arsenal this season their wastefulness never ceases to amaze me.

Sanchez had possibly the worst substitute performance ive seen in a long time.

End of the day, Kaboul actually looked solid today, so that says it all.

Caporegime
Same old stuff with Wenger, play a really weird **** team in the cup that hasn't actually played together, isn't match fit, play people out of their usual position and then use it as a reason to not play some of those guys again because they aren't good enough. Campbell needs a go down the wing in a game while match fit and with the first team, not with 7-8 changes and with non match fit players around him.

I genuinely don't know if he can be good enough, but we're playing the wrong people down the wings, we should try the other players we have rather than simply ignoring them. Ox, seriously, but for one second he was just useless. sanchez, someone seems to be telling him to think on the ball which you know, isn't what he should do. He had one particular chance to just smack the ball first time and instead hesitated, then ended up basically tripping over the ball and giving it away.

Sanchez is someone who might "play" wide but is almost worthless outside of the box. All his play for Arsenal deeper is him slowing attacks, misplacing passes or generally being rubbish. We need people who can get forwards like Ox does, but actually put in good crosses and we need more movement when we get into the final third. Ozil gets way to static, spends ages looking for that killer pass and mostly ends up playing 5 yards sideways when he can't find one instead, Welbeck runs forward then stops and does nothing. We frequently ended up standing pretty much in a straight line from one side of the pitch to the other with not a freaking clue what to do next. Counter attacking is something Arsenal have just about forgotten to do entirely. It's odd because in our successful days Arsenal were built on counter attacking goals, we were fully capable of playing through a team but we were freaking awesome on the counter and incredibly clinical.

Welbeck....... seriously, that air shot was the only genuinely good thing to come out of the game.

https://vine.co/v/OZX6P1nw72g

Last edited:
Soldato
So regardless of the result here, our only relatively(for one half) decent performance of the season so far is against a virus destroyed Villa side without their best defender being able to start because of said virus :(

We were decent against City for parts of the game, but yes, we haven't clicked at all this season yet. Unlike City, Liverpool and United, at least we've not lost in the league yet.

Caporegime
We didn't get the result we wanted earlier but at least the performance was considerably better. On the whole we defended really well, limiting Everton to 20 yard half volleys from their CB's :/

With Sturridge coming back and Lallana getting up to speed I'm sure that cutting edge in attack, which we lacked a bit today, will come and we'll start to string a few results together.

I feel like we said this a lot before though, this team should not be having the previous 4-5 results. Everton are seriously bad though, didn't even beat us, amazing how bad both teams are at the moment

Barry was hilarious, ignoring the fact he shouldve seen red what a crap performance

Don
I feel like we said this a lot before though, this team should not be having the previous 4-5 results. Everton are seriously bad though, didn't even beat us, amazing how bad both teams are at the moment

Barry was hilarious, ignoring the fact he shouldve seen red what a crap performance

The results haven't been good enough but the bigger concern for me was the performances. Even in the wins against Southampton and Ludo, we played poorly. The performance today was much better and we were somewhat unfortunate not to win.

If our general performance level is like today then we will be fine. The only thing missing today was a real killer instinct in attack and that will come as the new players bed in and Sturridge comes back.

Back
Top Bottom