Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [29th December 2017 - 4th January 2018]

Soldato
My answer would be the same, I watch more games during the season than just my own teams and I want to enjoy it, not sat there screaming at the TV because it's utter dross.

That is fair enough & I appreciate that.

Like I say I don't like it either but I can see why teams play that way.

Soldato
moyes jesus wept i'm not an advocate for plastic surgery but **** me he could do with a few sessions his face looks like a horror show

Caporegime
Seeing that replay on one hand i'm surprised he hasn't given a foul but on the other hand i'm not surprised, it's Mike Dean.

He's been soiling the league with his reff'ing for many years, time he hung them up imo.

Don
Seeing that replay on one hand i'm surprised he hasn't given a foul but on the other hand i'm not surprised, it's Mike Dean.

He's been soiling the league with his reff'ing for many years, time he hung them up imo.
He's so funny though. Anybody that doesn't needs to follow that celebrity refs twitter account.

Don
Tim Sherwood reckons an English team will win the Premier League! With that sort of knowledge I can't figure out how he's out of a job.

Caporegime
My answer would be the same, I watch more games during the season than just my own teams and I want to enjoy it, not sat there screaming at the TV because it's utter dross.

That is fair enough & I appreciate that.

Like I say I don't like it either but I can see why teams play that way.

To me I can only understand playing like that in an emergency as in like when you first take over a team and you're trying to fix major problems. The issue I have with the likes of Moyes is... this is all he'll ever attempt against bigger teams. Don't forget he did this for I can't even remember, was it 8 years or something with Everton, never changed, Martinez took over and went after the top 4 that very next season and they won their first away game against the top 4 pretty quickly.

LIkewise Palace who aren't a terrible team but certainly aren't brilliant, Hodgson had no fear to try to get them playing their best football which included attacking a fair amount against a City team that outclasses them to a man by a huge margin.

I have zero respect for the likes of Moyes being too afraid to try to get his teams playing good football against better teams. Fact is the way he treated top 4 games with everton he ended up with less points than if he lost a few more, dropped a draw or two but added a win or two... but the majority of the games would end up more entertaining. Martinez can't organise a defence but even the next couple of no where near as good seasons that Everton team was exciting enough to be worth choosing to watch their games, for the 5 years before that I avoided Everton games unless frankly it was a Liverpool game or there was nothing else on. That is the difference, I watch football to be entertained, not bored to death.

Back
Top Bottom