Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [4th - 7th October 2019]

Caporegime
Ole plays with what he has. I can't see a top manager doing anything different. Times like this makes you miss a player like Herrera. Our squad is so weak now and players are pathetic with their injuries.

People moan about Rashford but he is obviously not 100% yet will limp off one game and be ready for the next.

Soldato
Ole plays with what he has. I can't see a top manager doing anything different. Times like this makes you miss a player like Herrera. Our squad is so weak now and players are pathetic with their injuries.

People moan about Rashford but he is obviously not 100% yet will limp off one game and be ready for the next.
Rashford can't do much he doesn't get the service no striker would do well in this squad

Man of Honour
Gary Neville's views on this are just silly.

He will never blame a manager. The board being poor are one thing, the manager being poor is another.

Soldato
Exactly everyone is expecting a top 4 challenge. The squad is terrible at the moment. AWB, Shaw, Pogba, Lingard, Martial all out injured. We need to buy in January without a doubt.
Problem is we've let better players leave than we have bought lately or not replaced them at all ie Herrera wasn't replaced luka wasn't replaced james looks promising as does awb

Man of Honour
There are really 3 main issues here:

1. The board are clueless and have done a bad job when it comes to appointing and supporting managers. Why appoint Mourinho if you won't buy all the players he wants, that's the deal.​

2. The current manager is not appropriate. He has been appointed based on his playing reputation alone. He wouldn't even be top of the list for most Championship clubs. Look at what Lampard is doing as a comparison.​

3. The players aren't good enough, and get injured too much as well. That will take time to fix, however the strongest starting 11 is better than most people think, not that we see it much.​

Caporegime
Problem is we've let better players leave than we have bought lately or not replaced them at all ie Herrera wasn't replaced luka wasn't replaced james looks promising as does awb

That isn't Ole's fault but the boards. Jamie hit the nail on the head Liverpool have been league less for the past 30 years. If United do not sort themselves out they are going to end up the same.

Soldato
Exactly everyone is expecting a top 4 challenge. The squad is terrible at the moment. AWB, Shaw, Pogba, Lingard, Martial all out injured. We need to buy in January without a doubt.
Lingard and Martial aren't United quality and using Shaw is injured as some excuse is like me saying Lallana is...he always is.

Caporegime
Dunno but you seem to be have become a club that sacks managers following a single seasons' failure ever since Ferguson left so why should Solskjaer be any different? I've said it before but I think you need to accept that you're a club in decline, manage the decline and then rebuild for the long term rather than trying to hold onto short term success at any cost.

Man of Honour
What's firing Ole and hiring someone else going to achieve? The squad is largely crap and plays with no cohesion - the issues at the club go way deeper than just the manager.

I do agree, however it's worth remembering Ole sanctioned a lot of the problems that now face the squad, or at least he claimed he did.

He decided to prioritise spending big money on defenders, presumably because he thought the midfield/attack was good enough.

He dropped Lukaku, meaning he rightly wanted to leave, and decided to make Rashford the clubs main striker. This has backfired. They've also given Rashford a massive contract.

Seems to have absolutely no clue when it comes to tactics, substitutions or anything. Just "counter attack the Fergie way".

He repeatedly said at the start of the season he was happy with the squad and believed it was good enough to achieve what we wanted. Clearly he has spectacularly misjudged everything.

What has he actually achieved aside from a decent new manager bounce, which is hardly uncommon? Not much.

Caporegime
Some interesting results this weekend, Spurs being spursy was a highlight. City losing 2-0 to Wolves was a bit of a shock in all honesty, I thought they would roll them over.
Biggest highlight is Utd losing to Newcastle of all teams lol. Utd have hit rock bottom by the looks of it. Ole won’t survive this month let alone xmas :p.

Chelsea doing pretty well with fat frank in charge. Even after losing Hazard they seem to be playing pretty well.
Liverpool have got to win the PL at this rate, with City dropping points like it’s going out of fashion. That’s what?? 2 losses already??

Back
Top Bottom