Greenlizard0 Weekend Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 12th February 2014]

Don
Even still, come next season, are Liverpool going to have the squad to go on a European campaign as well? They will no doubt buy a couple of players and strengthen somewhat, they'd have to.

This is what I'm interested to see. We'll have the financial capability of putting together a squad capable but unlike 5+ years ago the CL spots are no longer a closed shop and it would be somewhat a risk to bulk up the squad too much with it not being certain of CL football again the following season.

As for the League, if we're there or there abouts with 4 games to go then I'll start looking at that. For now I'm more concerned about putting a buffer between us and you lot.

Caporegime
What was the Arse-Utd game like? I saw the first 10 minutes or so before the Liverpool game started and it looked fairly open. Some of the twitter comments make it seem like it was all downhill from there on in though.

United for the most part just fed off Arsenal mistakes, RvP had two great chances due to Arsenal losing the ball in dangerous areas but Szczesny saved brilliantly. Arsenal either got tackled or made a stray pass as soon as they hit the United third, the 5-6 times they did open United up Giroud fluffed the chances. Oh and Valencia headed a Koscielny header off the line.

It was a big anti-climax I thought.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What was the Arse-Utd game like? I saw the first 10 minutes or so before the Liverpool game started and it looked fairly open. Some of the twitter comments make it seem like it was all downhill from there on in though.

It wasnt great, quite dire from both teams who didnt want to lose. In all honesty, Arsenal should have lost that game but thankfully RVP didnt score from his 2 golden chances but neither did Giroud lol.

As an Arsenal fan, i expected a better response but frankly all i saw was a pile of **** from our players notably Ozil, Wilshere and Giroud most notably...those 3 should have been benched or used as subs in the second half. What angered me the most was that in the whole freaking 90mins of football, Wenger ONLY made one sub Ox for Rosicky who was by far one of our best players on the pitch:(.

In the end we came away luckily with a point.

Caporegime
Absolutely dreadful for toure on the second goal too, doing **** all on right side of the box with no one there, then jogs until he realized its dropping to a fulham player, he is too stupid to play for us

Back
Top Bottom