1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greta Thunberg

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rubberduck, 24 Sep 2019.

Tags:
  1. keyser

Wise Guy

Countries populations vary widely, so I expect so.

2. Efour

Caporegime

China.

I dunno why people defend China for anything.
    They literally don't give a **** about anything except getting to the point where they can stop selling us everything manufacturing we gave to them to supply to us.

They are almost there. Almost financially own all of the world except Europe and USA, that they are having to buy bit by bit, brick by brick.

There is nothing currently admirable about the Chinese government. I hate it. You can barely avoid Chinese products without taking a second mortgage.
    We gave them all this to better ourselves, that backfired nicely.

The west's relationship with China will go down in the history books as one of the biggest mistakes of the 20th and 21st century.

Maybe a non US/Eurocentric approach to politics is just the thing the earth needs..

Last edited: 26 Sep 2021
  3. GIBURROWS

Mobster

As much as I love Swedish blondes that's not a bet I'm up for.

No kids, no cars, no flights for 15+ years.

4. Efour

Caporegime

How many cups of tea or coffee do you drink ? :p

5. 200sols

Sgarrista

We can still do a lot more in the UK though. The UK has pretty much trashed its natural environment and is doing very little to reverse that trend.

6. GIBURROWS

Mobster

Zero

7. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

Oh there's more to do without question but there are far worse offenders than the UK.

8. 4K8KW10

Capodecina

But every country should contribute, especially the wealthy ones have even more abilities to modernise their economies and industries.

If it's true that your country has lost its biodiversity, then maybe think about how to reverse the negative trends.

9. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

Flexing Co2 footprint has to be a new low :)

10. Efour

Caporegime

Lol I'm just saying how pathetic and small Swedens contribution to the problem is and to be squeezed again by yet more taxes on environmental grounds achieves so little compared to probably closing just 5 coal plants in other lands.

I didn't chose the low c02 life, the low c02 life chose me. Homies.

11. robgmun

Capodecina

Same as GIBURROWS all counts, Zero, I don't like hot drinks.

12. mmj_uk

Caporegime

We're in a "climate emergency" but China are allowed to increase CO2 emissions as much as they want until 2030 and have merely promised to be carbon neutral by 2060. I mean, who wouldn't trust a self appointed dictator that has been militarising the South China Sea and routinely invading Taiwan's airspace? I'm sure they'll follow through in their promise to hobble their economy like the west is doing.

13. GIBURROWS

Mobster

We need some sort of points scoring system to see who is the most Green and lift the Greta trophy and of course to shame those who aren't us.

14. 4K8KW10

Capodecina

2060 is a so distant future that it is really not serious to talk about it.
    China must drop its CO2 emissions now and in the next five-ten years, not the next 40 years lol

Until then, there will be trillions of $ direct losses from climate change - droughts, severe weather patterns like hurricanes, tornados, floods like those in the West of Germany this July... etc, etc

Last edited: 26 Sep 2021
  15. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

Agree 100% matey.

16. zuludawn

Wise Guy

Here lies the problem, we can ask nicely but that's about it. Imagine the rest of the World trying to force trade embargoes etc, total World economic collapse.

Our planets future is in there hands, half the World can do its upmost but this can be offset by the other half.

[​IMG]

17. GIBURROWS

Mobster

We need some sort of virus to limit their numbers.....

18. Malevolence

Capodecina

Yes, we could accidently leak it from Porton Down but claim it originated naturally in Billingsgate Market.

19. uncle_rufus

Soldato

Yeah I heard someone was keeping some jellied eels next to some pork pies and some kind of cross-contamination occured

20. Ergates

Gangster

To say "allowed" would be do suggest we have some say in the matter. If China says "Go forth, we're going to produce as much CO2 as we like" what exactly could we do about it?