Greta Thunberg

Caporegime
Too bad it has barely anything to do with 'being smart', it's a degree of orderly society and always has been.

China being the express example of what orderly means.

Soldato
Too bad it has barely anything to do with 'being smart', it's a degree of orderly society and always has been.

China being the express example of what orderly means.

I do concur that IQ tests aren't necessarily a good measure of a persons intellect. Richard Feynman is a fantastic example of this, he scored 125 on an IQ test and yet he was a genius when it came to mathematics and a very accomplished theoretical physicist. If we're to go off of raw IQ, 125 is considered low for a physicist, and yet Feynman very much broke the mold in this regard. He actually broke numerous records on math specific testing if my memory serves.

If he's someone you haven't heard of I'd recommend looking him up, very interesting stuff.

Last edited:
Soldato
IQ has been used for ages by white suprematists against black people. It's long debunked anyway but it doesn't stop them. Throwing in that Asians have slightly higher IQ than white europeans is meant to make it appear that they aren't racist. You can be racist against one colour or creed and not against another.

Soldato
I do concur that IQ tests aren't necessarily a good measure of a persons intellect. Richard Feynman is a fantastic example of this, he scored 125 on an IQ test and yet he was a genius when it came to mathematics and a very accomplished theoretical physicist. If we're to go off of raw IQ, 125 is considered low for a physicist, and yet Feynman very much broke the mold in this regard. He actually broke numerous records on math specific testing if my memory serves.

If he's someone you haven't heard of I'd recommend looking him up, very interesting stuff.

Problem with most IQ tests is they are aimed at a specific audience. So aren't a good indicator. You can take various tests from different providers and get wildly different results.

You can only really know someone's intellect by how they are in real life. Like problem solving skills and how quick they learn.

Anyway, there are some differences between races, but brain power isn't one of them. The Chinese are generally better at maths because of their education. Our schools and the mental discipline of kids is sloppy in comparison.

Last edited:
Soldato
IQ has been used for ages by white suprematists against black people. It's long debunked anyway but it doesn't stop them. Throwing in that Asians have slightly higher IQ than white europeans is meant to make it appear that they aren't racist. You can be racist against one colour or creed and not against another.

It is literally impossible to be a race 'supremacist' while advocating that other supposed 'races' are more intelligent on average.

Unless you're trying to claim that some people make for very poor race (white) supremacists?

Or are you claiming supposed white supremacists just arbitrarily hate black people more than either Asian or Jewish people?

Absolutely ridiculous.

I'm done, this is why I avoid these sorts of topics. The nonsensical statements just kill me.

Enjoy your evening and topic all.

Soldato
This is the trouble with this topic. It's incredibly emotive and very few people want to touch it for fear of being labelled, and not without good reason. Even Jordan P refused to answer an IQ question as it was too highly a charged topic to weigh in on. I dont blame him.

This is a good discussion which is worth a listen anyway.

https://youtu.be/S6Rmbfi6YrE

Soldato
Soldato
So cycling back home this afternoon I witnessed a young girl ~15-17 years old casually throwing her rubbish on the ground, as I got near her I casually said, that would have been a £70 fine if you were caught. Her reply was a two word phrase beginning with F.. So yeah, that's what were working with then when it comes to "saving" the planet.

Associate
Greta Thunberg Bristol strike: Row over College Green damage
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-51696203

The organisation should be made to pay for the damage they have done.

Damage? All I can see from the pictures is a grassy area has become a bit muddy now? Has the entire world forgotten that grassy areas tend to get muddy in the winter, and then the grass regrows as the weather gets better?

Jesus wept.

Caporegime
Damage? All I can see from the pictures is a grassy area has become a bit muddy now? Has the entire world forgotten that grassy areas tend to get muddy in the winter, and then the grass regrows as the weather gets better?

Jesus wept.

That grass is ruined and will need seeing to. I know first hand from my what my kids have done to our back lawn in the past :p

Associate
Understatement of the year so far!

With all this talk of "damage" and how the organisers need to "pay for what they've done" you'd think they had done something so severe and irreversible it would affect people right across the earth, like melt the ice caps...

This forum: Greta and her lefty followers are such **********
Also this forum: How dare those lefty ********** turn grass into mud!?!?!!!!

Soldato
I believe the event was going ahead already when she was invited to join it....

Not sure how that becomes her fault?
If she was so into the environment she would have seen the damage being done and helped them all pickup rubbish and sort it all out? Not just bounce to the pub for a lambrini

Back
Top Bottom