Greta Thunberg

Permabanned
I have just received an email from 350.org:

“My name is Brett Fleishman and I’m writing from Boulder, Colorado in the United States. At the beginning of this year, I watched the flames from my bedroom window as 1000 homes burned in the largest urban fire in the history of my state… in the dead of the winter. That fire was fueled by a record drought and an unprecedented windstorm. It was a climate disaster, the damage cost billions of dollars. . I know that the climate crisis is here now and that fossil fuels are the number one culprit. I also know that banks are recklessly lending to new fossil fuel development, dooming my community to more out-of-control fires. I call on you, the banking regulators of the world, to set standards that curb fossil fuel finance and climate change risks. You have the power to stop banks from funding the climate crisis. My community and the health of the planet depend on it.”

Dear,

That’s the message I sent to the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. This little-known committee sets the standards for banking regulation for the whole world. And right now, they're asking for public input1 on banking and the climate crisis.

Anyone can easily submit a comment so we’re aiming to flood this critical public consultation before it ends this Wednesday, February 16th.

Send in a comment now
The Basel Committee could shift the entire banking system away from fossil fuels. So we need to let them know we are watching them and that we will call them out if they don't do enough to protect our communities and planet from the climate crisis.

If you can, please add your voice now. Every comment is powerful, and you can share your own story like I did or you can talk about being worried for your future. Things you could include are:

• Your personal story around the climate crisis
  • Your struggles for climate justice.
  • Tell them to do everything they can to stop fossil fuel exploration and expansion.
  • Remind them that solutions exist in their regulatory toolkit to put an end to fossil fuel finance, such as the One-for-One Rule.2
Yes, I will add my voice
Banks continue to fuel the climate crisis by lending more money to fossil fuel companies and new projects. They have no plans to stop, especially while short-term profits are still on tap. This is why we need everyone to make them stop – central banks and financial regulators need to pull the emergency brake on financing fossil fuels, and the Basel Committee can make this possible.

Together, let’s demand that the Basel Committee help end fossil fuel finance and protect the people from suffering from a climate-related financial crash.

Onwards,

Brett and the 350.org team

PS: Will you take 10 seconds to share this on Twitter to make sure as many people as possible submit a comment before the deadline?

Caporegime
I have just received an email from 350.org:

“My name is Brett Fleishman and I’m writing from Boulder, Colorado in the United States. At the beginning of this year, I watched the flames from my bedroom window as 1000 homes burned in the largest urban fire in the history of my state… in the dead of the winter. That fire was fueled by a record drought and an unprecedented windstorm. It was a climate disaster, the damage cost billions of dollars. . I know that the climate crisis is here now and that fossil fuels are the number one culprit. I also know that banks are recklessly lending to new fossil fuel development, dooming my community to more out-of-control fires. I call on you, the banking regulators of the world, to set standards that curb fossil fuel finance and climate change risks. You have the power to stop banks from funding the climate crisis. My community and the health of the planet depend on it.”

Dear,

That’s the message I sent to the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision. This little-known committee sets the standards for banking regulation for the whole world. And right now, they're asking for public input1 on banking and the climate crisis.

Anyone can easily submit a comment so we’re aiming to flood this critical public consultation before it ends this Wednesday, February 16th.

Send in a comment now
The Basel Committee could shift the entire banking system away from fossil fuels. So we need to let them know we are watching them and that we will call them out if they don't do enough to protect our communities and planet from the climate crisis.

If you can, please add your voice now. Every comment is powerful, and you can share your own story like I did or you can talk about being worried for your future. Things you could include are:

• Your personal story around the climate crisis
  • Your struggles for climate justice.
  • Tell them to do everything they can to stop fossil fuel exploration and expansion.
  • Remind them that solutions exist in their regulatory toolkit to put an end to fossil fuel finance, such as the One-for-One Rule.2
Yes, I will add my voice
Banks continue to fuel the climate crisis by lending more money to fossil fuel companies and new projects. They have no plans to stop, especially while short-term profits are still on tap. This is why we need everyone to make them stop – central banks and financial regulators need to pull the emergency brake on financing fossil fuels, and the Basel Committee can make this possible.

Together, let’s demand that the Basel Committee help end fossil fuel finance and protect the people from suffering from a climate-related financial crash.

Onwards,

Brett and the 350.org team

PS: Will you take 10 seconds to share this on Twitter to make sure as many people as possible submit a comment before the deadline?

Wtf are you on about :confused:

Caporegime
We are losing the tree cover, which will result in our own destruction.

"A new global census of all the trees on Earth estimates that more than 3 trillion call this "pale blue dot" home. But the total number of trees on the planet has dropped by almost 50 percent since human civilization began."
Earth Lost Half Its Trees to Humans | Live Science

Out of curiosity, do people use the word "spectrum" around you a lot?

Permabanned
For God's sake don't mention the Great Fire of London to the bloke, he'll be a tossin' and a turnin' all night trying to equate it to his narratives.... ;)

:cry::cry:
Human history remembers many instances when humans intentionally set their cities/towns/villages on fire.
You know it is human nature. To self-destroy.

Permabanned
We are losing the tree cover, which will result in our own destruction.

"A new global census of all the trees on Earth estimates that more than 3 trillion call this "pale blue dot" home. But the total number of trees on the planet has dropped by almost 50 percent since human civilization began."
Earth Lost Half Its Trees to Humans | Live Science

Assuming you venture out socially, do you spend a lot of time handing out pamphlets about your climate change obsession, or do you limit your flagellations to internet forums? Do you find people tend to shun you? ;)

The world has teetered on the edge of a potentially apocalyptic pandemic, the current big news is of a "Russian madman" that may be bringing the world toward nuclear Armageddon, so frankly the comfort of Scottish wild salmon during their nuptials, and Mr. Brett Fleishman's pondering on local pyrotechnics as seen from his bedroom window are likely low amongst most normal folk's concerns.

Soldato
Has anybody suggested to Putin that he should electrify his tank brigades. All those noisy smelly diesels polluting the fresh tundra and Northern forests.

And as for firing off all those rockets, you are stealing our future!

The last with a Greta frown.:mad:

Permabanned
Just out of curiosity... How do we defeat human nature? I mean we try to control other nature, but not ourselves.
The world will still be here, we just won't...
For some, there could be a lightning strike that takes them out, there may be one slip of perception and that car they thought was going slower, will hit them at 60 MPH and end them instantly, head rolling across the road, blood spilled.

Call this dark or whatever word you could adject to it, but humans are always their own enemy for a reason, because just like nature, we are nature. We come from the mother, we return to it, like some cow crapping in a field, it is wastage that then will help to grow life again. Replenishes and recycles.

The humor in all of this at least for me, is that humans are mostly stupid, this I can't pin on any one thing, we all have blind spots, but the largest of them all is the fact that most cannot see past their base selves, the ego.
Their ego is so frightened of death that they will then try to manipulate the world into their delusion and fear.

It is my opinion that Greta is nothing more than a product to be sold and to push an agenda, it is a money maker.

Modern day religion.

Swap religion and think about it with George Carlin.

image.jpg

iu

Last edited:
Permabanned
She's got the attention of millions of people. At 16. Is there a single person on this forum of computer geeks who by the age of 16 had achieved anything more praise worthy than high scores on computer games ?
I saved my foster mums dogs life, ripped up his paw and pee'd blood everywhere, wrapped a t-towel around his paw and called her ASAP, I never got the privledges most people do in normal families, they control you, but I would never stand and watch another life die if it is in my control.

All this brat does is talk crap on a screen.

I became a soldier at 18, learned I was following the ego and learned more about myself too, discipline especially.
16 leaving school I did garden work with some group for the elderly, laid bark, layed big flag stones, strimmed gardens, built fences, we received EMA payments back then - 2006.

Last edited:
Permabanned
There is a global warming, it is accelerating and things become worse by the day.
There is no data for "cold records broken", but even if there could be one or two cases, they wouldn't influence the global picture.

And that be?

I guess COVID 19 came from warmer weather.
I guess my bank balance being pants is also global warming.
Anything outside of my control can get f'd for all I care as there is nothing I can do to save the entire world.
Data can be forged, data especially when money is involved can be sold.

Sell your mind today and feed them!

We don't need to look far when we see the news interpreting things the way they want rather than how it really is.

I work for a large chain in the UK right now and was misconstrued completely by the news.

I am not mentioning which chain.

Permabanned
The solution is to focus on our consumption and disposal of plastics, instead of things we can't really change

Plastic is going to **** the planet more than rising/falling temperatures
You do know that recycling plastic does nothing... right?

All about money, all it ever was. Leads to power over others to make more money.

Back
Top Bottom