Grim Dawn - ARPG

Associate
Bought this today, diablo 3 I enjoy but after every new patch and or season it becomes a paragon farm after a few weeks.
POE while good feels clunky to play to me, I enjoy torchlight 2 also , but this looks right up my street.

Might go a soldier route first into a battlemage.
I also like the look of the shaman combined with arcanist.

Associate
Been playing this a good bit the last week and wow what a great game.
Combat is better than any arpg ive played,skill tree and devotion system is deep but not stupidly so that it scares me ala poe.
I'm playing a shaman/arcanist known as a druid but its more like an insane lightning spamming god,just fantastic fun.
Started out with veteran difficulty and kept it there until i hit 40 the other day.
Now to unlock elite.

uv

uv

Soldato
Grabbed this earlier from G2A for ~£13 (use code WEST to get a bit more off), and it's pretty fun so far. I've played through Torchlight II a few times now and needed a slight change, but I'm glad this is still a loot-a-thon :p

I'm finding the small backback a bit restrictive - do people just not pick up low-level items, or do you just head back to the merchant more often?

Associate
OP
Grabbed this earlier from G2A for ~£13 (use code WEST to get a bit more off), and it's pretty fun so far. I've played through Torchlight II a few times now and needed a slight change, but I'm glad this is still a loot-a-thon :p

I'm finding the small backback a bit restrictive - do people just not pick up low-level items, or do you just head back to the merchant more often?

there are npc quests that will increase the bag space. :)

Soldato
Must admit I'm thoroughly engaged in this now.

In my 4 main aRPG's rating I would rate it a mile better than Diablo, beyond the polish Diablo has this game offers vastly more.

Would probably still edge PoE but it's a close second alongside Marvel now.

I think it misses polish, I think it misses complexity, but like TQ it is really blinking playable and thoroughly enjoyable. I'm level 40 now and just approaching Sorrows Embrace and I find myself a little over levelled. I can pick faults but just find it so blinking playable and really enjoyable ploughing through things.

I actually really like the map update, just a tidy little update, I heard Tyrants Hold was also a side update but murdered that a little too easily.

My Nightblade just ruins everything.

Associate
So I went back at level 30 to clear the place, they had upgraded to 36 & 37. What is the point in that, if they stand 2 bosses next to each other and always keep them outlevelling me by 6+ levels (an attack off both = dead me) I will never clear the place! Vexing to say the least.

if you cant defeat him still then its your build/gear that's wrong or needs improved. I think its good to have some Uber Bosses that require twinked chars or multiplayer to beat.

Soldato
if you cant defeat him still then its your build/gear that's wrong or needs improved. I think its good to have some Uber Bosses that require twinked chars or multiplayer to beat.

I got him in the end, put more points in my self heal/dodge ability, spammed s load of pots and took him out eventually.

Soldato
It's a shame this isn't getting a bit more attention, though I'm certain things will pick up on the full release. I've played over 20 hours of it now and would have played a lot more if it wasn't for the limited time I get on my PC. I find I'm sitting at work thinking about new builds and trying out new classes, which is the sign of a good game for me.

For anyone wondering, it's quite similar in feel to PoE, but your class decides your choices and play style, rather than what gems you drop in your gear. It's graphically better than PoE in my opinion and probably up there with D3.

Soldato
I/'d edge PoE on graphics but it is a great game. I'm around about 8-10 hours in I'm level 41 and passed the Sorrows Bastion bit. Feel like I'm out levelling content at the mo without doing any side quests which surprised me a little.

Enjoying the combat feel of the Shadowblade (or whatever the class is called) and not having too many issues dying. Being distracted at the mo by xcom but it's a good game.

Soldato
Been playing this for a year or so now, was one of the early kickstarter backers, gotta say i love this game, Build 31 which is final release is due shortly (sometime in Feb) which will also bring some balance changes and fixes.

Got 3 characters in Elite so far, holding off til they adjust the risk vs reward in Elite and Ulitmate, the best thing about this game is the sheer variety of builds, you get an item drop and then think how you can work it into a build etc.

Wish they would add some more SoT / BoC type areas though :)

Soldato
I've played a demolitionist up to level 28 or so and while blowing stuff up is very, VERY entertaining, I'm just getting to the stage where things aren't dying very quickly and I'm having to do a lot of kiting.

I've now started a new character as a soldier but am only level 8, so not got a feel for the class yet. There appear to be lots of defensive options and I'm not sure which ones will work out on the harder difficulties. Are the talents that beef up your shield worth investing in?

Soldato
I've played a demolitionist up to level 28 or so and while blowing stuff up is very, VERY entertaining, I'm just getting to the stage where things aren't dying very quickly and I'm having to do a lot of kiting.

I've now started a new character as a soldier but am only level 8, so not got a feel for the class yet. There appear to be lots of defensive options and I'm not sure which ones will work out on the harder difficulties. Are the talents that beef up your shield worth investing in?

I played the demolitionist and whilst it could be (and probably was) me I found him rubbish and really struggled.

Nightblade or whatever the class is called is brilliant so far (level 42)

Soldato
Put a good few hours in last night, gone the lazy route with the Pokemon build for a change rather than my usual warrior type builds on other games.

For the price I'm impressed with how polished everything is. Only thing that threw me out slightly was the devotion tree.

Soldato
Build 31 seems to be shaping up nicely; quite a good visual revamp of some of the areas that are already quite nice to look at. The devs have mentioned a long change log, so there should be a few extra surprises to come.

I'm really enjoying this at the moment, but still haven't settled on a class! I think when the final release arrives I'll be better placed to pick something and stick with it.

Back
Top Bottom