Grim Dawn - ARPG

Soldato
I find browsing the official forums class build section often has some brilliant ideas for builds if your struggling for direction, also most seem to really go deep into devotion spends etc as well.

I found with Blademaster (Nightblade/Soldier) I walked all over Normal Vet mode, however once I moved into Elite it was a different story, its a lot harder to stay alive, you need to really have your resists nailed down, you need to make sure your hp pool is fairly sufficient, and you need a lot of forms of keeping yourself healed (Devotion, lifesteal etc)

Its a brilliant game though, im kinda holding off playing much more right now as I wait for B31 to land with the adjustment to drops in Elite / Ultimate as im about to start Act4 on Elite on 1 character.

Associate
my newest char is the Lazy Poke build just to try it out for "the lols"

its an insanely easy class to play for a newbie, although I have hundreds of blues saved up I didn't really have anything useful for this new char until the lvl 32 rifthound leather boots, currently working my way to honoured status with the black legion to get the voidcutter at lvl 35 and as I'm already there with the rovers at lvl 35 I see a hugh jump in my pet dmg as I ll have at least 4 new items.

Just rushing normal with it to get to elite asap

Soldato
Started on elite last night, made it to level 54 and loving more mobs that have come with it, feels like playing D2 again now.

Pet build is lazy but they've started to destroy things now which is good. Once this toons at 75 going to start a Soldier as sword and board has always been my goto role.

Soldato
no.
you can buy and trade an item for a 100% faction boost for your new class if you unlocked enough faction with the main avatar.

It's a bit daft making it character exclusive (IMO) as all the nice shiny items are redundant by the time you unlock the requisite level.

Can you buy the items and trade them to a new character at least?

Associate
It's a bit daft making it character exclusive (IMO) as all the nice shiny items are redundant by the time you unlock the requisite level.

Can you buy the items and trade them to a new character at least?

i dont think it is, you complete the game fully ( 1 char normal/elite then ultimate ) by which point you ll have lots of items to twink plus you ll be able to get the 100% boost scrolls for the next char you start.

Associate
just completed normal with lazy poke build its insane.

died one in conflag due me standing in aether too long!!!

took me just over 12 hours aswell so I reckon a sub 10h completetion is possible easyily with planning

Soldato
I'm somewhere up near Fort Ikon on my level 38 Demolitionist. I'm playing on veteran and things were going swimmingly until I hit an area with a charging yeti elite that seems to have a zero cooldown charge/slow that makes it almost impossible to kite over my thermite mines. I gave up on that and went an alternative route, only to run into TWO elite buffalo thingies that have zero cooldown charge abilities. I got a bit dischuffed at that point and tried playing my low level soldier, only to find its damage is so low in comparison that everything takes forever to kill.

Maybe I'll drop back to normal difficulty. I don't even know if veteran gives you more xp. Perhaps it's just more items.

Associate
I'm somewhere up near Fort Ikon on my level 38 Demolitionist. I'm playing on veteran and things were going swimmingly until I hit an area with a charging yeti elite that seems to have a zero cooldown charge/slow that makes it almost impossible to kite over my thermite mines. I gave up on that and went an alternative route, only to run into TWO elite buffalo thingies that have zero cooldown charge abilities. I got a bit dischuffed at that point and tried playing my low level soldier, only to find its damage is so low in comparison that everything takes forever to kill.

Maybe I'll drop back to normal difficulty. I don't even know if veteran gives you more xp. Perhaps it's just more items.

I believe its just more enemies ( so in effect higher xp) plus +3/4 lvls higher than normal so more chance of drops and elites.

Soldato
I believe its just more enemies ( so in effect higher xp) plus +3/4 lvls higher than normal so more chance of drops and elites.

I see...maybe I'll give normal a punt till I unlock Elite then. I'm plotting a refund of some of my Demo points and working out whether to go sword and shield, so that I might tank things whilst standing on top of thermite mines. With the odd Grenado chucked in for multi target destruction.

Soldato
game is broken with B31 IMO.
tried a few hardcore classes I had and its just awful.

What are you finding broken? From reading the GD forums they've moved quite a lot of stuff about e.g. attack speed, such that you need to rethink your devotions. I don't know from playing it though as I've not been able to yet.

Back
Top Bottom