Group 2 car seats

Soldato
Hi guys, not sure if this should go in here or in another section. So the group 2 car seats that use the cars seat belt rather than isofix, am i right in thinking the seat belt needs to be done up all the time otherwise the seat is loose?

Caporegime
Some Group 2/3 car seats use ISOFIX anchorages to secure the seat firmly to your car, even when your child isn’t using it.

But ones that do not have the ISOFIX additional fixings will be loose if the seat belt is not across the seat even when the child is not in the seat.

Soldato
OP
Some Group 2/3 car seats use ISOFIX anchorages to secure the seat firmly to your car, even when your child isn’t using it.

But ones that do not have the ISOFIX additional fixings will be loose if the seat belt is not across the seat even when the child is not in the seat.
Thats what i thought. I have the issue of my car being too old to have isofix, but im selling it (altho not had much interest) and ill be replacing it with a newer car that does have isofix and i dont want several years of having to click a seat belt when its not in use.

Soldato
It's a non issue, they usually still have a little loop that the top bit of the belt will always be through so don't go wandering about the car

Associate
You can get group 2 car seats that use the usual harness to hold the child and the seatbelt loops through the back and sides etc so its permanently secure in place meaning you dont have to undo the seatbelt to get the child out

Soldato
They are much better with ISOFIX base mountings otherwise they do tend to rattle and slide around, even with the belt done up if they're not sat in it.

If you're looking to buy a seat I highly recommend the Diono Monterey 2. Ours must be nearly 6 years old now and my 10 year old still loves it. I went with the intention of buying an expensive Recaro seat but she sat in a few and chose it. Loads of height and width adjustment on it, and the head support means she sleeps a lot. The only disadvantage is the base is quite wide so if you only have a small car it might be a tight fit.

Soldato
OP
They are much better with ISOFIX base mountings otherwise they do tend to rattle and slide around, even with the belt done up if they're not sat in it.

If you're looking to buy a seat I highly recommend the Diono Monterey 2. Ours must be nearly 6 years old now and my 10 year old still loves it. I went with the intention of buying an expensive Recaro seat but she sat in a few and chose it. Loads of height and width adjustment on it, and the head support means she sleeps a lot. The only disadvantage is the base is quite wide so if you only have a small car it might be a tight fit.
My difficulty is the back of a 911 is not the most spacious which really narrows my choice of seats down.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

10 yr old still in a car seat? Short for their age

Associate
Safer too isn’t it? Advice is rear face for as long as possible. I’m guessing also safer to be in a seat, especially with harness that big seat with a belt designed for adults.

Back
Top Bottom