Gskill DDR5 Trident Z5 5600Mhz Mini Review

Soldato
Been using a Crucial 16GB 4800Mhz Micron based kit since 20th November on my 12900k. Finally managed to get some decent RAM and thought I'd do a mini review.

Crucial 16GB 4800Mhz next to Gskill Trident Z5 32GB 5600Mhz (the heatsink less Crucial kit felt so fragile to install!):
bSsv3mO.jpg

Crucial 4800Mhz C40 (Micron, so would not overclock 100Mhz..)
ItgNjqr.png

Gskill Trizent Z5 5600Mhz C36 Stock:
3nENxA4.png

Gskill Trident Z5 @ 6000Mhz C36 (passes 2 hours Karhu)
aZr9Spk.png

Installed pics (Not synced RBG's yet, plus top of case lights currently disconnected. Going with all white theme currently to match GPU)
sCddnwk.jpg

Overall very happy with the Gskill kit, at £410 inc vat & delivered it's a bargain compared to the overpriced 4800/5200Mhz Corsair micron junk.

Glad I've got Samsung IC's, as an easy overclock to 6000Mhz [email protected]. Will test 6400, 6600Mhz over the weekend, time to play now :)

Last edited:
Associate
Very very nice.

It’s a pity that DDR5 is so expensive though. It really hampers peoples buying decisions.

Do we know what die process each manufacturer is using at the moment? Eg B die, A die, Rev E?

Wonder if this version of the ram is so new that there isn’t a revision yet? Manufacturers were just happy to have something to sell.

Soldato
OP
Very very nice.

It’s a pity that DDR5 is so expensive though. It really hampers peoples buying decisions.

Do we know what die process each manufacturer is using at the moment? Eg B die, A die, Rev E?

Wonder if this version of the ram is so new that there isn’t a revision yet? Manufacturers were just happy to have something to sell.

There's only so much i can say without breaking forum rules, though for high end kits, DDR5 is roughly the same price high end DDR4 kits were on release. It's just that some retailers are scalping the price due to the stock situation. £500 for 4800Mhz basic C40 kits is just a terrible option, as this is slower than cheap 3600Mhz C16 DDR4.

There's a ton of info for DDR5 overclocking, IC's etc at https://www.overclock.net/threads/o...d-24-7-daily-memory-stability-thread.1794772/

From what I can see, your almonst guaranteed to get good Samsung chips with the Gskill 5600Mhz kits and above.

Corsair are working on engineering samples of 6000Mhz C36 Vengeance kits as well, I expect we'll see huge drops of these in Q1 2022, which should alleviate the current stock situation.

zia

zia

Associate
Still waiting for my kingston fury ram ,ordered about 5 weeks ago,but getting tempted to just buy some g skill on ebay.....

Zia

Associate
There's only so much i can say without breaking forum rules, though for high end kits, DDR5 is roughly the same price high end DDR4 kits were on release. It's just that some retailers are scalping the price due to the stock situation. £500 for 4800Mhz basic C40 kits is just a terrible option, as this is slower than cheap 3600Mhz C16 DDR4.

There's a ton of info for DDR5 overclocking, IC's etc at https://www.overclock.net/threads/o...d-24-7-daily-memory-stability-thread.1794772/

From what I can see, your almonst guaranteed to get good Samsung chips with the Gskill 5600Mhz kits and above.

Corsair are working on engineering samples of 6000Mhz C36 Vengeance kits as well, I expect we'll see huge drops of these in Q1 2022, which should alleviate the current stock situation.
Thanks for this reply.

makes sense.

I’m very price sensitive so buying brand new DDR5 right now doesn’t fill me with joy.

I’m hoovering up Samsung B die at the moment with people upgrading and it’s faster than and cheaper than DDR5.

Associate
Nice results! Look forward to seeing further testing! Is there any word on what safe 24/7 voltage is for the current DDR5 ICs is?

Soldato
OP
Good news! The Trident Z5 6000Mhz kits were in stock today, so have a 32GB set arriving tomorrow! Should be a bin or two above my 5600Mhz kit hopefully. In this climate, the kits are so easy to sell on the bay that it costs nothing to try multiple kits!

Q9pKhSd.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Good news! The Trident Z5 6000Mhz kits were in stock today, so have a 32GB set arriving tomorrow! Should be a bin or two above my 5600Mhz kit hopefully. In this climate, the kits are so easy to sell on the bay that it costs nothing to try multiple kits!

Q9pKhSd.jpg

Where do you see that? Annoyed I missed it!

Soldato
OP
6000Mhz kits arrived today, in black and silver. Will test both and keep the one that clocks the best. Buddy at work will buy the other kit from me. Who says DDR5 is hard to find at MSRP, this is my 4th DDR5 kit! (sold the crucial kit already)

Q1Ao6Dg.png

Back
Top Bottom