Gsync questions (Answered - Thank you).

rn2

rn2

Associate
1. Can you disable the G-Sync in the monitor and have it run as a regular monitor if you are playing a game that dips below the 30fps minimum refresh rate so it doesn't flicker or fail or what ever it does?

2. If my GPU can't push the game above 60 fps will I notice any tearing or stuttering?

I have a GTX1070 but I want to be able to play games without stuttering when the frames fall below the monitors refresh rate like they do on my 60hz monitor.

Associate
Saw this earlier and decided to leave to someone who could give you a better answer but since nobody had replied yet...

1. You can turn G sync off manually in the Nvidia control panel. Some monitors will automatically disable g sync if you drop below the G sync range of the monitor though

2. It will depend on how far below 60fps you drop. I don’t think you’ll notice the difference between 50 and 60fps with g sync. It’s probably only once your down to 40/30 that you’ll notice any ill effects

Associate
1. Can you disable the G-Sync in the monitor and have it run as a regular monitor if you are playing a game that dips below the 30fps minimum refresh rate so it doesn't flicker or fail or what ever it does?

It doesn't work like that. Disabling G-sync won't change flickering, which doesn't happen on LCD's anyways. I think you mean tearing.
Most Gsync monitors have a range (ie 40-140) where G-sync is active. Outside that range it defaults to normal monitor operation. You can by-pass Gsync in any game at any time by setting Vsync to on, or by disabling Gsync for that specific game in NVidia control panel.

2. If my GPU can't push the game above 60 fps will I notice any tearing or stuttering?

No. It's G-sync. That's the whole point. You'll only get tearing at frame rates that dip below the G-sync range (if applicable)

rn2

rn2

Associate
OP
Thank you very much guys, has helped a lot I will try and get one with a very low end fps limit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom