Associate
Took my car to Fensport to get these installed:
HKS catted equal length manifold/header
Ecutek tune
Whiteline front strut bar
Whiteline gearbox mount insert
Mishimoto thermostat
Mishimoto coolant hose kit

Great to see Adrian again after few years, the car feels great and certainly feels a lot more responsive. Its got a bit more poke at top end compared to how I had my 1st 86 setup.
I had a V7 Rom of Ecutek on my 1st 86 so fast forward my current 86 has V12 which Adrian has described is a lot nicer than V7 which is nice.

Soldato
Figured that some people might be interested....UK pricing and specs have now been announced: https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-announce-pricing-and-specification-details-for-the-new-gr86-coupe/

Headlines:
- Only one model available, the premium edition. The only options will be:
-- Manual (£29,995)
-- Automatic (£32,085)
And there'll be PCP offers - £299/month over 42 months with a £4777 deposit.

Seven colour options (* = Metallic, ** = Pearlescent)
- Pearl White**
- Ignition Red**
- Crystal Black*
- Electric Blue**
- Ice Silver*
- Magnetite Grey*
- Sapphire Blue Pearl**

- The "Dynamic Press Launch" is in May (guessing that's when we'll start seeing UK video reviews)
- Demonstrators will be available at dealers for test drives in June.
- Customer deliveries are expected in July.

That price is actually a little lower than I was expecting. So, I contacted my local dealer on Tuesday to enquire...and I may have been a bit rash and ended up doing something I've never done before - placing an order for a new car :o

Soldato
Figured that some people might be interested....UK pricing and specs have now been announced: https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-announce-pricing-and-specification-details-for-the-new-gr86-coupe/

Headlines:
-- Manual (£29,995)
-- Automatic (£32,085)

- Pearl White**
- Ignition Red**
- Crystal Black*
- Electric Blue**
- Ice Silver*
- Magnetite Grey*
- Sapphire Blue Pearl**

- The "Dynamic Press Launch" is in May (guessing that's when we'll start seeing UK video reviews)

That price is actually a little lower than I was expecting. So, I contacted my local dealer on Tuesday to enquire...and I may have been a bit rash and ended up doing something I've never done before - placing an order for a new car :o
I'm not surprised about you buying one! seems like you've enjoyed your ownership of the GT86.

I'd seriously consider one next to my s2k but not the right time, 2-3months down and I'd probably be on the phone too.

Manual, blue or red = done. Perfect modern day s2k :D

Soldato
Manual, blue or red = done. Perfect modern day s2k :D

Manual in electric blue ordered. I was sceptical about seeing it in July, but apparently production started in March. We'll see.
Usually I would have waited too, but with such a small UK allocation and only being on sale for two years, I figured there might not be another chance. So after years of lecturing my friends about how much of a waste of money buying brand new is, I may now have to eat my words :o

Underboss

Headlines:
-- Manual (£29,995)
-- Automatic (£32,085)

- Pearl White**
- Ignition Red**
- Crystal Black*
- Electric Blue**
- Ice Silver*
- Magnetite Grey*
- Sapphire Blue Pearl**

£300 a month ?
tempting !

OcUK Staff

Headlines:
-- Manual (£29,995)
-- Automatic (£32,085)

- Pearl White**
- Ignition Red**
- Crystal Black*
- Electric Blue**
- Ice Silver*
- Magnetite Grey*
- Sapphire Blue Pearl**

Probably very wise, not huge numbers expected in the UK so expect very strong residuals just like the GR Yaris has, buy one, try it and if you don't like it sell it on for a profit. :)

Soldato
Probably very wise, not huge numbers expected in the UK so expect very strong residuals just like the GR Yaris has, buy one, try it and if you don't like it sell it on for a profit. :)

I hope so...and that's exactly how I've justified buying a brand new car to myself :D
That said, I'm pretty sure I will like it. I love the current one, so if the new one is more of the same but better, then I can see myself keeping it for a long time.

Soldato
If I am honest, I am really really tempted to get one.

But I have no idea what I'd get rid of to make room!

Do you still have the orange MX5? I seem to have a memory that you might have got rid of it.

Anyway that's probably the closest rival. It was about the only other car I was considering as a replacement, but the Toyota is the (slightly) mote practical option.

Soldato
I'm feeling torn with this. I've got a crate of 2nd hand parts I've been sitting on for 10-15 months to transform my car in to a new creature when I get off the fence and do it, I didn't want to buy another new car but this one does feel like and upgrade and some of the toys might fit on it.

The price is surprisingly good given the increase in performance, but I don't know if I want another new car when really there's nothing wrong with what I have.

Soldato
I'm feeling torn with this. I've got a crate of 2nd hand parts I've been sitting on for 10-15 months to transform my car in to a new creature when I get off the fence and do it, I didn't want to buy another new car but this one does feel like and upgrade and some of the toys might fit on it.

The price is surprisingly good given the increase in performance, but I don't know if I want another new car when really there's nothing wrong with what I have.

There's a few YouTube videos in the US where they've gone through and identified quite a few components from the first gen which also fit the second, and there's quite a lot. Most body items don't, but wheels, brakes, suspension...even exhaust manifolds seem to be interchangeable. Probably not what you want to hear if you're trying not to be tempted :p

Associate
Do you still have the orange MX5? I seem to have a memory that you might have got rid of it.

Anyway that's probably the closest rival. It was about the only other car I was considering as a replacement, but the Toyota is the (slightly) mote practical option.

The MX5 is gone now and replaced. But it does seem as though Toyota have gone through the GR86 just like Mazda did with the ND1 to ND2 2.0L engine. Made improvements in all the right areas!

If you don't want the convertable aspect I too would go down the 86 route to be honest.

Soldato
There's a few YouTube videos in the US where they've gone through and identified quite a few components from the first gen which also fit the second, and there's quite a lot. Most body items don't, but wheels, brakes, suspension...even exhaust manifolds seem to be interchangeable. Probably not what you want to hear if you're trying not to be tempted :p

Did Toyota give you any hints as to what the options were for the car? I'm really tempted as I my 86 but really want to be able to get the TRD bodykit they offer in other areas. I can see it's on the German configurator so don't see why it shouldn't be.

Associate
Toyota have been a bit strange with some of the optiions. Even with the Yaris they didn't allow us to spec heated seats and other bits and bobs which other markets got.

Back
Top Bottom