GT86/GR86/BRZ

Soldato
Figured that some people might be interested....UK pricing and specs have now been announced: https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-announce-pricing-and-specification-details-for-the-new-gr86-coupe/

Headlines:
- Only one model available, the premium edition. The only options will be:
-- Manual (£29,995)
-- Automatic (£32,085)
And there'll be PCP offers - £299/month over 42 months with a £4777 deposit.

Seven colour options (* = Metallic, ** = Pearlescent)
- Pearl White**
- Ignition Red**
- Crystal Black*
- Electric Blue**
- Ice Silver*
- Magnetite Grey*
- Sapphire Blue Pearl**

- The "Dynamic Press Launch" is in May (guessing that's when we'll start seeing UK video reviews)
- Demonstrators will be available at dealers for test drives in June.
- Customer deliveries are expected in July.

That price is actually a little lower than I was expecting. So, I contacted my local dealer on Tuesday to enquire...and I may have been a bit rash and ended up doing something I've never done before - placing an order for a new car :o
Congrats! I'm sure you won't regret it :)

Soldato
From what I've seen/read the choices are the gearbox and colour.

Pretty much it.

This is pretty much the response I was dreading... all I've seen is the list of colours and transmission as well. No idea why they have to be weird about it, I guess at least it's still easily accessible through likes of Fensport and I guess Torque-GT.

OcUK Staff
This is pretty much the response I was dreading... all I've seen is the list of colours and transmission as well. No idea why they have to be weird about it, I guess at least it's still easily accessible through likes of Fensport and I guess Torque-GT.

At least you get some colour choice, with the GR Yaris, we got three lol, basic white, expensive white, forever dirty black and retirement red, so consider yourself lucky. :D

Soldato
Did Toyota give you any hints as to what the options were for the car? I'm really tempted as I my 86 but really want to be able to get the TRD bodykit they offer in other areas. I can see it's on the German configurator so don't see why it shouldn't be.

From what I've seen/read the choices are the gearbox and colour.

Pretty much it.

Jester said it. We get what is branded the "premium" model elsewhere in the world (minus ducktail spoiler). The only other options were you that you get a few more toys with the automatic - lane keep assisnt, rear cross traffic alert and I think blind spot assist.
I didn't even see any mention of body kits, so yeah, you may have to consider them at a later date.

Toyota have been a bit strange with some of the optiions. Even with the Yaris they didn't allow us to spec heated seats and other bits and bobs which other markets got.

I am guessing that it might be cause the UK allocation is so small, that it's just not viable to offer lots of options. To be honest, I am rather relieved - I quite like the simplicity of just picking a transmission and off you go. Having the premium trim was what I was going to opt for anyway. The only downside is that it comes with black wheels, which I'm not a fan of; however, preferable to diamond cut, and if it bothers me that much, I will just get them recoloured later, as I did with the current car.

Associate
I think they are a different offset as well aren't they? 5 x 100 instead of 5 x 114.3 on the Yaris? So you cannot swap between the 2 cars.

The other excuse they used for options was that didn't tax/emissions or something change with regards to trim levels. So they only had to get 3 option levels approved for the UK market. With the 86 that will be limited to 2 option levels.

Associate
Figured that some people might be interested....UK pricing and specs have now been announced: https://media.toyota.co.uk/toyota-announce-pricing-and-specification-details-for-the-new-gr86-coupe/

Headlines:
- Only one model available, the premium edition. The only options will be:
-- Manual (£29,995)
-- Automatic (£32,085)
And there'll be PCP offers - £299/month over 42 months with a £4777 deposit.

Seven colour options (* = Metallic, ** = Pearlescent)
- Pearl White**
- Ignition Red**
- Crystal Black*
- Electric Blue**
- Ice Silver*
- Magnetite Grey*
- Sapphire Blue Pearl**

- The "Dynamic Press Launch" is in May (guessing that's when we'll start seeing UK video reviews)
- Demonstrators will be available at dealers for test drives in June.
- Customer deliveries are expected in July.

That price is actually a little lower than I was expecting. So, I contacted my local dealer on Tuesday to enquire...and I may have been a bit rash and ended up doing something I've never done before - placing an order for a new car :o
How have you ordered if you don't mind my asking? Have you signed a finance agreement?
I put a £500 deposit down with my local Toyota dealer a few months ago, but haven't heard anything despite chasing up.
I'll be making a couple of phone calls tomorrow.

Soldato
How have you ordered if you don't mind my asking? Have you signed a finance agreement?
I put a £500 deposit down with my local Toyota dealer a few months ago, but haven't heard anything despite chasing up.
I'll be making a couple of phone calls tomorrow.

I have, and I placed down a £1000 deposit as a commitment so that they can order the car. However I don't think they officially open the order books until Monday. But I have an official deposit receipt and order form.

Also, although I've initially arranged finance for now, I was told I don't have to commit to that. Which is fine...I was weighing up their PCP vs HP offers, but as i actually only need to finance about £10k in total, the cheapest way to do that would be to just take a bank loan.

Associate
I have, and I placed down a £1000 deposit as a commitment so that they can order the car. However I don't think they officially open the order books until Monday. But I have an official deposit receipt and order form.

Also, although I've initially arranged finance for now, I was told I don't have to commit to that. Which is fine...I was weighing up their PCP vs HP offers, but as i actually only need to finance about £10k in total, the cheapest way to do that would be to just take a bank loan.

Thanks, arranged to go in and order with my local dealer tomorrow morning. Just weighing up PCP vs a straight loan at the moment. 2k saving on purchasing via a loan, but then removes the safety of the GFV. Brand new car / finance is new territory for me, bit of research is required.

Associate
Ended up going in to the local dealership this afternoon, took down the options I wanted, manual & electric blue. Said the official order book with Toyota was open tomorrow and he would place my order then and I would get a confirmation e-mail. Didn't add anything to my initial £500 deposit and I could take my time over choosing PCP vs bank loan.
Demo cars available from June and 1st orders should arrive in July.

Associate
Just had an email from Toyota suggests this is not available to buy until 10am on the 20th of April? Does this mean dealers are just taking dough with no order actually placed yet?

Annoys me a dealer taking money and no doing anything with it, just had that with my other car purchase, placed my order last month, sat there happy that is job done only to have communication with dealer this week to say I might get confirmation of acceptance of an order with the factory this month:rolleyes:....suggesting that I currently have no order in place, so any dates etc are pure fiction.

Soldato
Just had an email from Toyota suggests this is not available to buy until 10am on the 20th of April? Does this mean dealers are just taking dough with no order actually placed yet?

Annoys me a dealer taking money and no doing anything with it, just had that with my other car purchase, placed my order last month, sat there happy that is job done only to have communication with dealer this week to say I might get confirmation of acceptance of an order with the factory this month:rolleyes:....suggesting that I currently have no order in place, so any dates etc are pure fiction.

Hearing the same thing. Going to ring the dealer tomorrow for clarification, but it sounds like all the orders will be online only. So even if you've left a deposit with a dealer and have been given an order form (as i have), there's no guarantee that you actually have a car on order. If that's the case then I shall ask for my deposit money back and order it myself I think.

Soldato
Hearing the same thing. Going to ring the dealer tomorrow for clarification, but it sounds like all the orders will be online only. So even if you've left a deposit with a dealer and have been given an order form (as i have), there's no guarantee that you actually have a car on order. If that's the case then I shall ask for my deposit money back and order it myself I think.

Just an update on this @sandys - I phoned my dealer for clarification over the weekend, they said they were still in the dark and would contact me on Tuesday when they could contact Toyota GB and confirm. I spoke to them yesterday and they confirmed that Toyota have said all orders are online only, and they will refund the deposit.

Online orders opened at 10AM. I've just placed mine and now have a confirmation. Hoping to take delivery of an electric blue with manual transmission from July :)

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/gr86/build

OcUK Staff
Just an update on this @sandys - I phoned my dealer for clarification over the weekend, they said they were still in the dark and would contact me on Tuesday when they could contact Toyota GB and confirm. I spoke to them yesterday and they confirmed that Toyota have said all orders are online only, and they will refund the deposit.

Online orders opened at 10AM. I've just placed mine and now have a confirmation. Hoping to take delivery of an electric blue with manual transmission from July :)

https://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/gr86/build

The best colour.

Wonder if these will be like the GR and hold value really well or even bring overs?

Back
Top Bottom