1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GT86

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Delta3D, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Lowe

Soldato

I was thinking more along the lines of the MkV Supra ;)

2. bloodhunter

Hitman

I have a 2015 GT86 Auto and love it. Its a good bit better than the Aygo i had before it LOL. I got it from a Toyota dealer 10 months ago with only seven thousand miles on the clock.

3. NathWraith

Capodecina

I daily drove a manual GT86 60 miles a day for the best part of a year until I got t-boned and car was written off.

If the new supra drives anything like it, handling wise, it will be a winner.

4. Lowe

Soldato

Supposedly it does... I’ve yet to see anything other than positive words about it. Still no idea on price though, and that will be the telling factor.

5. Conscript

Sgarrista

Apparently the new Supra will have a lower centre of gravity than the GT86, which is quite an accomplishment considering it's not using a flat engine.

6. Nasher

Sgarrista

I think it's actually a smaller car too. I'd like to test one back to back with my GT86 to see how the handling compares. It will be tough to beat the GT86, it's about as well balanced as you can get.

Expect prices to be reaching 50k I bet. It's supposed to be taking on the Cayman. But you'll certainly get more standard kit than a Cayman and a meatier engine!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  7. Lowe

Soldato

Yeah lower CoG than the 86 and stiffer than an LFA, yet no carbon. Bonkers when you think about it.

Don’t forget the Cayman was also the benchmark car for the 86 so doesn’t hold true for pricing, but I’d be not be surprised if it came in around that sort of figure. The latest yellow teaser photo looks great though, I love the rear.

8. rebel rebel

Wise Guy

Can someone please recommend me the vent cleaner. It's been 6 days since I changed the pollen filter and I'm still getting the smell.

9. Nasher

Sgarrista

Without carbon fiber it could mean it ends up being quite heavy due to loads of chassis bracing. Unless they found a better way of making it stiffer.

10. Nasher

Sgarrista

11. rebel rebel

Wise Guy

12. DarrenM343

Mobster

For a year now have had a 2004 Yaris 1.0 VVt-i as a second car/runabout. There's a lot to be said for small and light cars being fun. It's great around town. This thing weighs just about 800KG :). Keep the revs up and while it's not fast, I can have fun in the thing. Only done 30k miles too.
    Light cars by their nature can be good fun.

Looking forward to seeing the new Supra.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  13. rebel rebel

Wise Guy

There's a right hand turn, just after some traffic lights near me, that has made me do this twice now. At exactly the same speed as in your video, 23mph. :D It caught me off guard the first time, and I thought maybe i'd pulled away too quickly. But then today driving completely normally, it did it again.

14. Lowe

Soldato

15. Simon

Capodecina

That’s what make them fun isn’t it? Crap tyres?

16. rebel rebel

Wise Guy

Haha! We've definitely found the sweet spot. :D

17. Lowe

Soldato

I’m not on stock tyres, wheels or suspension - but yeah that’s the fun. Just would be nice to get a little bit of warning now and then :D

18. Nasher

Sgarrista

The stock tyres aren't really crap tyres, they are still around £100 each. They just don't have much rolling resistance and are made to be economical (they last ages).

But yea the car is very slidey when the temperatures drop. The TC will allow quite a lot of sliding before it kicks in too. Winters help.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  19. JamesRJ

Wise Guy

Test driving one on Thursday :D

20. sanaxe1

Soldato

Seen one of these crash at the weekend.

[​IMG]