GT86/GR86/BRZ

Associate
Went over to Tuning Developments at the weekend. Had their resonated cat-back fitted as well as 2 year service. Awesome job done by them to be fair and would recommend to anyone. Here is a little snippet of the exhaust sound. Only to 4000 RPM mind as I don't want the neighbours to fall out with me! :(:rolleyes::p

Soldato
I changed the intake on mine recently and now there's some boxer rumble from the front as well, since it removes all the stock resonators :p

Soldato
Went over to Tuning Developments at the weekend. Had their resonated cat-back fitted as well as 2 year service. Awesome job done by them to be fair and would recommend to anyone. Here is a little snippet of the exhaust sound. Only to 4000 RPM mind as I don't want the neighbours to fall out with me! :(:rolleyes::p

Sounds deep!

I changed the intake on mine recently and now there's some boxer rumble from the front as well, since it removes all the stock resonators :p

What intake did you get?

Soldato
The Blitz solid aluminium one :)

I was expecting it to produce a CEL and need a re-tune, but suprisingly it didnt.

I was reading about the AEM one that gives you 10bhp at 6500rpm and doesn't need tuning. Might go for that soon.

I had them on an Alfa some years back, they always squealed touring car style at light braking.

Did it get worse when it was hot out? After some heavy braking mine was only squeaking when braking in reverse. But then on Saturday it was quite hot and it started doing it both ways again.

Soldato
The DS2500s have great braking power, but they are not really a general daily road pad.

I was told they were a good option as they were a hybrid road/track pad. They stop me ok, hopefully the noise gets a little better. I've done probably just over 500 miles since I had them installed, so we'll see. I have 100 miles to do tomorrow, maybe that'll break them in a bit more.

Soldato
I was told they were a good option as they were a hybrid road/track pad. They stop me ok, hopefully the noise gets a little better. I've done probably just over 500 miles since I had them installed, so we'll see. I have 100 miles to do tomorrow, maybe that'll break them in a bit more.

Yeah, I'd give them time yet. Some hard braking will help too, I was never the last of the late brakers really.

Soldato
The higher performance the pad the more noise it will make, because it will be harder and need more work to keep hot. Which is why I went for the more OEM like Ferodo premier pads instead the DS2500. Far cheaper too.

Back
Top Bottom