GTA Trilogy - Remastered? (GTA III, Vice City & San Andreas)

Man of Honour
Seems to be a lot of reports tonight that a GTA Trilogy "Remaster" is going to be launched on consoles, mobile and PC this year; probably explains the recent legal crackdown by Rockstar on modders, etc for games which on the face of it are almost 20 years old at this point!! (GTA III).

Personally I don't really want to have to buy them again having bought them multiple times for PS2, Xbox and mobile but if they're a good remaster then I'm in! Looks like the Nintendo Switch is rumoured as well; would be nice to see them on there!

I loved Vice City; its probably still my favourite gaming memory getting that back in 2002 with my PS2 and spending literally months playing it; also massively influenced some of my musical taste; born in the 80's but not old enough to have experienced it but you can't beat some of the tunes!

I just hope they can re-license the music as I think that some of those ending caused the games to be stopped on Steam, etc for a while a few years back - wouldn't be the same without it!

Nice as it is though.... I'd rather they just got cracking with GTA 6.... a nice 80's Vice City game would be good....

Associate
Would nice to get a remastered GTA 4, seems they've completely ignored that game. Even on a 5950x and 3090 it still runs like crap, that game is begging for a remaster on a modern engine.

Great to see them porting to the Switch finally though, that's been stupidly overdue.

Soldato
In some respects I think the older ones have aged better; they were simpler; less complex games; GTA 4 was the first one that had much more complex systems, etc and always ran like crap!

i always liked saints row much better, it was much smoother with better controls but totally over the top and silly sadly

Caporegime
I've love to play a remastered VC, still the best of the series IMO.

The music when you're driving into the city is iconic. Great setting, soundtrack and story - very Scarface'esque.

Soldato
I don't mind the remasters, even though I bought the old versions in a bundle not to long ago.

But I'd like GTA 4 to be remastered, or even just re-released on the consoles. I wouldn't mind even a stripped down version of it. Different music (didn't they remove music from GTA 4 due to copyright issues?), and disable the multiplayer part.

Soldato
Ps5 version of gtav, isn't gtav a remaster of the PS3 version?
Just stop with the remasters, should be playing GTA6 by now.
PS4 the first time a GTA hasn't been released.

Associate
I feel like San Andreas was the game at the time period it came out. It was one of my first PS2 games that I had played.

I just feel it won’t be the same if I played it now even with it being remastered :) if they do a good job I’ll end up buying it just to complete it because I couldn’t complete it last time!

Back
Top Bottom