GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Soldato
GTA is beginning to sound a bit like Skyrim

Thing is at least Skyrim is the latest version of the Elder Scrolls saga. This would be like Bethesda re-releasing an updated version of Oblivion on modern system. IE Pretty much pointless IMO when Skyrim exists already.

It's fun for a bit of nostalgia but I'm not convinced many will want to go back and play seriously GTA 3/VS/SA. Mind you Nintendo have been continually milking their games for decades so maybe there is a market!

Soldato
Thing is at least Skyrim is the latest version of the Elder Scrolls saga. This would be like Bethesda re-releasing an updated version of Skyrim Oblivion with on modern system. IE Pretty much pointless IMO when Skyrim exists already.

It's fun for a bit of nostalgia but I'm not convinced many will want to go back and play GTA 3/VS/SA. Mind you Nintendo have been continually milking their games for decades so maybe there is a market!
GTA vice city is the best one in my opinion. I'll be playing it again with updated graphics and game play

Soldato
Will it be free for anyone who already owns the original games. I can't imagine it'll take much Dev work to 'modernise' the graphics.

Man of Honour
GTA vice city is the best one in my opinion. I'll be playing it again with updated graphics and game play

Its my favourite; will be interested to see how much of an update it actually gets, also hope the soundtrack remains as they cut tracks from it at one point before due to licensing.

Will it be free for anyone who already owns the original games. I can't imagine it'll take much Dev work to 'modernise' the graphics.

I think you already know the answer to that one! Not a chance

Associate
This would be like Bethesda re-releasing an updated version of Oblivion on modern system. IE Pretty much pointless IMO when Skyrim exists already.

Oblivion is superior to Skyrim though. Would love Morrowind and Oblivion re-released for Switch.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
lol of course it won’t be free! They are removing the older versions from all store fronts over the coming week

The older games have a big modding following so by removing them they're gonna kick up a stink. They've been actively sending out DMCA takedowns for any mods for the past year.

I don't think a UE4 port and some updated shaders will do the games much justice. I spent a lot of time enjoying the games and modding them when they were current and the same with the 2D games. That all ended for me after IV came out and I just stuck to playing them.

It's a sad little cash grab to be honest, I'd sooner play the originals as they were. I expect they will have licensing issue with the soundtracks too which is frustrating.

Associate
Well Mafia was modernised and that cost over £30. Tha chances of it being free are akin to the odds of me winning tonight’s lottery.
I'm pretty sure that if you already owned any of the the originals you were granted a free upgrade to the definitive edition, but yeah, can't see that happening with the gta trilogy.

Back
Top Bottom