1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA trilogy with modern upgrades is confirmed.

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by shankly1985, 8 Oct 2021.

1. Digital X

Sgarrista

Haven't seen patch notes yet. I have noticed that a particular street light model doesn't flicker anymore in GTA3 so that's something. I will be trying texture replacements either tonght or later on.

In other news, did my first little texture mod on the colt, with a rusty skin.

https://i.imgur.com/5xCs0bK.jpg

Last edited: 15 Nov 2021
  2. smogsy

Sgarrista

had to chase rockstar for a refund. they emailed back same day said is this you? replied and nothing

3. Nate75

Capodecina

Getting the impression they have burnt alot of bridges.

Unlikely but hopefully they will take notice. Depends on numbers I guess.

4. smogsy

Sgarrista

dont get me wrong 100% want to play with this game

don't want to stand for
    the shoddy quality of this game
    the shoddy rockstar launcher
    having to be online to play a single player game

5. Dup

Capodecina

Nice. Were you a GTA modder back in the day? I used to fumble around with cars in GTA1 and then in the 3D games. Was a mod on GTAF for a while. Fell out of love with GTA after IV. Enjoyed V but it didn't have the mods and the community, online is just not for me, plus I'm now older with other priorities. I do have a wheel named after me in V though :D

Would love to pick this up for the nostalgia, but not paying AAA game money for this lash up. I suspect it'll be saved by modders eventually but they don't treat modders well anymore. R* used to be unofficially supportive.

6. Digital X

Sgarrista

The first mod I did was GTA 3 original, I gave Claude adidas trousers to replace the green ones lol.

Never heavily modded it or anything.

@Dup I'm on GTAForums.

7. Josey Wales

Gangster

Im at 1440p not 4k but i do believe you i was just messing around ;)

8. Digital X

Sgarrista

9. Soya

Hitman

Best comment that I read regarding the GTA Trilogy defective edition:

'I don't know why everyone is dunking on the new GTA trilogy. Its really immersive. I actually feel like I got robbed.'

10. smogsy

Sgarrista

so im actaully being openly ignored by Rockstar support for my refund 6 days now 6 emails chasing

11. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

Anyone read what a satire site called hard-drive said rockstar said about the trilogy. :D If not google rockstar vows..

Dont count on refunds, they probs want you to wait for promised fixes instead of refunding.

12. .Lethal

Sgarrista

:D Poor sod.

13. Digital X

Sgarrista

14. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

15. Soya

Hitman

Call me cynical but to me this seems like expected damage control by Rockstar and the message between the lines is

'We knew at Rockstar (especially the few exes who green lite this project) that the GTA Trilogy defective edition release was going to be **** poor as the few who made the actual decisions at Rockstar wanted an increase in their Xmas bonus this year and decide to hand the development of the GTA Trilogy defective edition to a subpar outside mobile development studio because this was the cheapest option we could find. We knew there would be a backlash but we withdrew the original Trilogy from the store so that if the backlash was loud enough, we'd offer them as free to show that we are a good company and care about you, the customer (and your wallet).

Like so many times in the past, with all the other (mostly poor & subpar) iterations of the GTAs for all other platforms, we do the bare minimum so we can rake in your hard earned cash as you folks just keep buying these **** poor releases, regardless, and as long as you folks never learn your lesson, we'll keep taking your money and give a worse product in return. In time we shall make some occasional updates to the Trilogy but eventually most of you will move onto something else and those still waiting for more updates to make the GTA Trilogy actually worthy of the word 'DEFINITIVE' will never ever arrive (You'll have a better chance of everyone in the world agreeing to take the Covid vaccine!).

We are sure that soon after Xmas & New Year, most of you would have forgotten about the blatant cash grab on our precious IP and the backlash would be minimal whereas our Xmas bonusses will be at maximum. Sorry for the trouble but at least you felt immersed in all the GTA's games when you bought this, you felt(been) robbed.'

Should be pretty obvious by now, that this whole situation is mostly the fault of the consumers (including myself). Gamers that steadily, over the past few decades, have little to no self control on what they spend their money on and kept buying games that became of lower and lower standards and practices. Video game companies (especially the big ones) are there to make money. If people keep buying subpar/fault/crappy/lower quality/monitized/yearly editions with no real changes, and it keeps selling well enough, then these companies will continue to give you the minimal product/games they legally can get away with. As long as the majority of video game/PC game/console gamers, keep buying into companies bull_shit practices, they will continue them. Talk with your wallet, stop buying/preordering their games unless you actually know for sure the game is good enough to meet your standards, and please, most of you need to set your standards way way higher, especially the game streamers & reviewers!

Last edited: 19 Nov 2021
  16. delta0

Sgarrista

I hope they are actually going to fix and optimise the game. It’s silly how far behind other games it is. Needing higher system requirements than GTAV yet its looks and performs like garbage compared to them. Then all the bugs in there is really bad. Makes me doubt GTAVI will be any good. It seems they are going for the milk it approach like others do such as COD etc.

17. .Lethal

Sgarrista

All I took from this is that you're too angry and invested to type out such a lengthy reply.

I'm sure they'll fix the ground breaking bugs, but not the game overall in the way we want it to be. I don't have any reservations about GTA VI personally, it's developed by Rockstar not some side group that did the trilogy.

18. Monkeynut

Soldato

Rockstar took down the open source project re3 and its derivatives, a disgrace imo. Actually had GTA3 running natively on a Pi4.

19. Digital X

Sgarrista

Patch Notes:

20. npjnpj2

Associate

Some thoughts:
    - Wow, some list! And that's only the start. How much is actually wrong with this thing?
    - The trend: Games were actually once just about finished at launch. Then we got to buy slightly buggy playable stuff just waiting to be patched. Then a day one patch became almost essential as a norm. Now we're at the state that we buy an almost unplayable product that we hope will get some support to make it enjoyable some time in the future, but that's doubtful sometimes (Warcraft 3, Cyberpunk, and now this). I fear this is only the beginning, just to get us de-sensitised. We'll see.
    - This trilogy is something else. I just realised that when we get the old versions back, in effect we've spent 60 Pounds on three original games that are 20 years old, considering that I have no confidence that the remaster will ever be satisfactory. And that's being presented as a peace offering.