• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gtx 1060 3gb single fan 56 degree temp ok?

Associate
I’ve got a new gigabyte single fan Gtx 1060 3gb and I’m wondering if its idle/web browsing temp of 56 degrees is ok? I’ve read elsewhere that temps nearer 30 degrees would be more usual?

It’s inside a fractal design define mini (an old version) with both front and back fans running. The front is pulling and the rear pushing. I’ve got a Corsair 450 psu with its fans both pointing outside the case so it shouldn’t be interfering. The cpu is and old classic i5 2500 with the stock intel cooler. Could the cpu cooler be interfering perhaps?

Just thought I’d see people’s opinions here in case the new gpu temp is wildly out of whack.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Soldato
I’ve got a new gigabyte single fan Gtx 1060 3gb and I’m wondering if its idle/web browsing temp of 56 degrees is ok? I’ve read elsewhere that temps nearer 30 degrees would be more usual?

It’s inside a fractal design define mini (an old version) with both front and back fans running. The front is pulling and the rear pushing. I’ve got a Corsair 450 psu with its fans both pointing outside the case so it shouldn’t be interfering. The cpu is and old classic i5 2500 with the stock intel cooler. Could the cpu cooler be interfering perhaps?

Just thought I’d see people’s opinions here in case the new gpu temp is wildly out of whack.

My 1060 is 30 degrees when browsing or just sitting on the desktop, does your card downclock to 139mhz on the core and 405mhz on the memory like mine does or is it always higher?
Just to add I get 65 degrees whilst gaming.

Soldato

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060IX-3GD-rev-10#kf

I looked at your Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB ITX product page, the card has 3D Active fan that the fan will turned off at idle or play old games when temp lower than 60C just like MSI cards, 56C is normal. My GTX 1070 temp is 50C with fans turned off while browse Edge with 25 tabs opened. :)

I recommend Techpowerup GPU-Z utility to monitor temp and fan.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

Also MSI Afterburner utility to monitor GPU and CPU temp, speed, frame rates and GPU overclocking etc with display overlay while playing games.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

Associate
OP
Thanks @AthlonXP1800 that was a big help. I updated my nvidia drivers and run the latest GPU-Z and now I'm getting around 40C just running a browser. :) Perhaps I was using an especially old driver, but things seem a lot more normal now.

Soldato
Just had a look at a pic of your case. Have you tried removing the drive cage where the front fan is?

I used to have the same GPU and it averaged 32c when browsing the net. This was in a bigger case with 2 x 140mm fans on intake though.

If i remember correctly the fan on the GPU kicks in at 60c, so you should be fine at your current temps.

What temps do you get when playing a game?

Associate
I got the same card, 66-67 degrees when gaming, 50+ during web browsing this is depending on the contents of websites tbh. Watching twitch stream, movies can raise the temp to that level or after gaming, the heat still there but the fan already stops at below 60

Back
Top Bottom