• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060 6GB potential mods by previous owner

Associate
Good evening,

I bought a GTX 1060 6GB Zotac AMP card as untested on ebay. Tried to get it to work but no luck. The card isn't being detected by the computer in Windows (HP Z640 gives a pre video beep code).

When I received it, it had the heatsink removed already. I've looked over the board and there is a few spots where I can't tell if resistors etc have been removed.

My general question is "what modifications could a previous owner have tried as a way to improve the performance of the graphics card?"

I have no issue trying to fix any issue, but I couldn't find much detailed information about the specific steps. I've seen shunt resistors and increasing power limits but don't know the exact steps/ components someone would have gone through.

Any info would be appreciated!

Associate
Untested generally means 'tested, but it's knackered so I'll sell it'

Could be a million and one things wrong with it. Check if there's any visible damage to help narrow down the problem. If there's none then I doubt you're going to have much luck fixing it.

Back
Top Bottom