• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 1060 ( graphics card )

Associate
Hi Folks,

I just want to know if the GTX 1060 GPU is compatible with My system.

I have a ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME MOBO,
16gb RAM
1000Watt PSU

I am looking to replace My existing AMD RADEON R9 200 / HD7900 SERIES GPU

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Associate
Waht CPU do you have?

And why a 1060? Did you happen to find a killer deal for that specific GPU or is this all your budget could allow you?

Depending on your needs/budget...there just might be something better out there for you.

Associate
Noisier compared to any 1060 with the same cooler and consumes more power.

I respectfully disagree with that statement.

Sure, some lower end/cheaper brands of the RX580 are louder than the more expensive ones (Gigabyte model, for example....is loud and cheap) // but the same can be said about some of the 1060 models as well.

For example: I own the Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 8Gb, the fans don't even turn on during normal PC use, for one. And in gaming, I have to put my ear to my case to actually hear anything resembling a GPU fan noise...one of the best RX580's out there.

Yes, they consume more power than the 1060 models, this is true, but not by a lot for the average gamer to be concerned (thinking they have to buy more powerful PSU than what they were already considering).
And undervolting is always an option to reign in power consumption.

Associate
You missed the part about having the "same" cooler. And having already confirmed that the 580 uses more power if you were to have the same cooler the 580 would always be more noisy.

I too am planning on fitting a GTX 1060 6GB card in my system.I have an HP Z400 PC and my only question is whether I can/should still plug in my HP Dual Firewire 1394 Port PCI card when I install the new card?The reason I ask is it shares the same 6pin connector as the graphics card.Here is a photo of my current set-up with my ancient FX 3800 Graphics card and Firewire card.

LzdDSJy.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom