• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
  • Enable Gsync for full screen mode in NVCP
  • Make sure the game is full screen (Teamviewer must not be running)
  • Enable Gsync in NVCP
  • Enable Vsync in NVCP
  • Disable Vsync in game
  • If your monitor can only hit 90Hz, then set your resolution in NVCP to be 90Hz to match it.

If you still get the frame skips, try to alt-tab out and back in (once should do it).

Associate
OP
  • Enable Gsync for full screen mode in NVCP
  • Make sure the game is full screen (Teamviewer must not be running)
  • Enable Gsync in NVCP
  • Enable Vsync in NVCP
  • Disable Vsync in game
  • If your monitor can only hit 90Hz, then set your resolution in NVCP to be 90Hz to match it.
If you still get the frame skips, try to alt-tab out and back in (once should do it).
have tried that unfortunately same results :( ive just installed csgo, i use to play with on a 144hz monitor and even disabling g sync the games looks awful, its skipping frames, stuttering etc its awful even with g sync turned completely off and getting 300fps!

Soldato
have tried that unfortunately same results :( ive just installed csgo, i use to play with on a 144hz monitor and even disabling g sync the games looks awful, its skipping frames, stuttering etc its awful even with g sync turned completely off and getting 300fps!
What are your graphics card temperatures and frequency when running these games? Leave the Aida64 stability test window open and it will monitor these values while you play a game.

Run this test, follow the instructions and let us know the results: https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

Also, run a 3d mark Firestrike test, the trial is free on Steam and post the results here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223850/3DMark/

Soldato
If you are getting tearing then gsync isnt working, you definitely need vsync off in game, then you either have vsync on in nvcp or use a frame rate limiter

Tearing means no gsync so you have a problem somewhere in your setup

Associate
OP
If you are getting tearing then gsync isnt working, you definitely need vsync off in game, then you either have vsync on in nvcp or use a frame rate limiter

Tearing means no gsync so you have a problem somewhere in your setup
ive tried having vsync off and i get awful screen tearing, it may be to do with the fact that the refresh rate ingame is set to 90? ive tried turning it off, reducing to 60 etc but no fix unfortunately
What are your graphics card temperatures and frequency when running these games? Leave the Aida64 stability test window open and it will monitor these values while you play a game.

Run this test, follow the instructions and let us know the results: https://www.testufo.com/frameskipping

Also, run a 3d mark Firestrike test, the trial is free on Steam and post the results here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/223850/3DMark/

no skipping frames in the test, for the firestrike should i be disabling g sync or keeping it on?

Soldato
ive tried having vsync off and i get awful screen tearing, it may be to do with the fact that the refresh rate ingame is set to 90? ive tried turning it off, reducing to 60 etc but no fix unfortunately

no skipping frames in the test, for the firestrike should i be disabling g sync or keeping it on?
Gsync limits the score, so first of all do a run with it off and post the result here, take note whether it stutters. Then do a run with it on, again taking note whether it stutters.

Associate
OP
Gsync limits the score, so first of all do a run with it off and post the result here, take note whether it stutters. Then do a run with it on, again taking note whether it stutters.
19872 no gsync
graphics score: 29,570
physics score: 12,450
combined: 7,747
on the second graphics test i noticed a bit of screen tearing and 1 stutter when the camera moved around

g sync:
GPU: 27919
physics: 12,485
combined: 7,697

stuttering a lot of the time, especially in graphics test 1 as it moves around, looks like it skips frames maybe?

Soldato
19872 no gsync
graphics score: 29,570
physics score: 12,450
combined: 7,747
on the second graphics test i noticed a bit of screen tearing and 1 stutter when the camera moved around

g sync:
GPU: 27919
physics: 12,485
combined: 7,697

stuttering a lot of the time, especially in graphics test 1 as it moves around, looks like it skips frames maybe?
Something is definitely wrong with either the GPU, the monitor or the Gsync module then as fire strike definitely shouldn't stutter more with Gsync on, it definitely doesn't on mine except for one stutter right at the start of test 1 sometimes.

Are you using driver 388.71 and did you monitor GPU temperatures? Given your GPU score looks okay I doubt it's throttling. I think your Physics and combined are okay too for stock 6700K, but will check as maybe they are a little low. Gsync on vs off should be just as smooth though.

Could you try something for me? Disable any overclocking of the monitor refresh rate (important) and just set the refresh rate to 60 Hz, turn Gsync on and run Firestrike again and see whether it still stutters.

Associate
OP
Something is definitely wrong with either the GPU, the monitor or the Gsync module then as fire strike definitely shouldn't stutter more with Gsync on, it definitely doesn't on mine except for one stutter right at the start of test 1 sometimes.

Are you using driver 388.71 and did you monitor GPU temperatures? Given your GPU score looks okay I doubt it's throttling. I think your Physics and combined are okay too for stock 6700K, but will check as maybe they are a little low. Gsync on vs off should be just as smooth though.

Could you try something for me? Disable any overclocking of the monitor refresh rate (important) and just set the refresh rate to 60 Hz, turn Gsync on and run Firestrike again and see whether it still stutters.

gpu was at about 60-65, in the last 2 tests the cpu got up to 80.
after disabling overclock and leaving it at 60hz, i unfortunately still got the same stuttering as before

Soldato
after disabling overclock and leaving it at 60hz, i unfortunately still got the same stuttering as before
All I can suggest then is RMAing the monitor (most likely to be at fault in my opinion), GPU or both. You are running driver 388.71, right?

Soldato
All I can suggest is RMAing the monitor(most likely to be at fault in my opinion), GPU or both. You are using driver 388.71, right?

Temperatures look okay to me, although CPU temperature is a little high for stock although still within acceptable limits. Which cooler are you using?

Associate
OP
All I can suggest then is RMAing the monitor (most likely to be at fault in my opinion), GPU or both. You are running driver 388.71, right?
is there a way i can find out if its either the cpu,gpu or monitor? the monitor is second hand and considering the size would be a hassle. i dont want to either sell my monitor, or rma my gpu to find out i still get the same problem

Soldato
is there a way i can find out if its either the cpu,gpu or monitor? the monitor is second hand and considering the size would be a hassle. i dont want to either sell my monitor, or rma my gpu to find out i still get the same problem
I don't think it's the CPU as enabling Gsync shouldn't make any difference to the stuttering if it were responsible. You could try turning your fans up while running fire strike so you get better temperatures and see if it still does it. You could try running the GPU stress test in Aida64 too.

Contact the place you bought these things from first and see what they say, alternatively you can take it to a local computer shop so they can swap out components/test another Gsync monitor with your system and tell what's wrong or you can buy a second hand cheap card online that supports Gsync. Check nvidia's site first as some don't support Gsync. If you have any friends with similar hardware you can ask to borrow their GPU/monitor.

Associate
OP
as enabling Gsync shouldn't make
I don't think it's the CPU as enabling Gsync shouldn't make any difference to the stuttering if it were responsible. You could try turning your fans up while running fire strike so you get better temperatures and see if it still does it. You could try running the GPU stress test in Aida64 too.

Contact the place you bought these things from first and see what they say, alternatively you can take it to a local computer shop so they can swap out components/test another Gsync monitor with your system and tell what's wrong or you can buy a second hand cheap card online that supports Gsync. Check nvidia's site first as some don't support Gsync. If you have any friends with similar hardware you can ask to borrow their GPU/monitor.

i just rebooted my pc with an old hd monitor at 60hz, running aco had absolutely no stuttering and looked fine at 60fps 1080p. so i guess the problem is with the monitor?

Back
Top Bottom