• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Soldato
i just rebooted my pc with an old hd monitor at 60hz, running aco had absolutely no stuttering and looked fine at 60fps 1080p. so i guess the problem is with the monitor?
That's what I think. However, if you can find a way to verify it by getting a computer shop to test a different Gsync monitor with your GPU that would be great.

Soldato
i decided to reboot after with the acer x34 at 1080p 60hz, the game ran fine but i noticed a tiny bit of stuttering, this could be because its a larger monitor so looks less smooth, or i couldve been getting these on the other monitor but just not visible due to size.
i then activated g sync at 1920x1080 60hz and thats when the problems start... the stuttering etc like in the first post
That's why you need to try test it with a different Gsync monitor. Also, are you using the display port cable that came with the monitor? You could swapping the cables and see if it still does it.

Soldato
no i dont have the factory one

im using a bizlink cable
That is not on the list of certified cables and may be causing issues. Here is a list of certified cables, sorry wrong link here's right one:https://www.displayport.org/product-category/cables-adaptors/?ps&pcat[0]=8k-cables&pcat[1]=cables-connectors

The 8k cables conform to new standard and will work with displayport 1.4 and HDR and higher resolutions so are more future proof: http://www.pcgamer.com/dp8k-displayport-cable-certification-for-8k-displays-arrives/

and here is more info:https://www.displayport.org/cables/how-to-choose-a-displayport-cable-and-not-get-a-bad-one/

Try buying a certified cable and see if that solves your issue before doing anything else.

Last edited:
Soldato
the only ones i can find on amazon are amazonbasics, techrise, and rankie cables none of which are the 8k ones, do you know a good place to buy them?
It doesn't have to be an 8k one if they are in short supply. It just has to be on the list, it would be better if it were 8k but it's not necessary. I'm not sure the 8k ones are even sold in the UK yet as standard is very new.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you ran firestrike or other benchmarks to make sure your card is performing as it should? If it's getting the scores it should, have you tried formatting with fresh install?

Associate
I would love to know the outcome of this. I am experiencing exactly the same issue as op. I also own an x34a and a 1080ti. When I launch the pendulum demo, its smooth for a second then its choppy then its smooth, this is between 35fps - 60fps, and running in fullscreen. Its as if Gsync keeps turning itself on and off and vsync takes over when it shouldn't.
I did a clean install of windows just recently and even with no apps running in the background it happens.

Op, do you also see excessive overshoot when it becomes stuttery followed by no overshoot when its smooth again? This is what happens when I see a stutter.

Back
Top Bottom