1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTX 1080 Ti Mini - Loud?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by hartgeh3, Jun 12, 2019.

1. rIcK

Wise Guy

These units are not quiet, probably one of the noisiest graphics cards I have ever heard. Do you have the option to return it?

2. hartgeh3

Wise Guy

No bought it 2nd hand, what would you replace it with?

3. hartgeh3

Wise Guy

Got the X52 and G12, i'll be putting the fan/radiator in the front of the case, but do the fans blow inwards?

4. Donnie Fisher

Gangster

Its upto you really, depending on how you attach the fans to the radiator. But generally, the fans seem to be set to blow against and through the rad rather than pull through it. In terms of blowing into or out of the case, most seem to have them blowing in at the front, and blowing out at the rear or top.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  5. varkanoid

Sgarrista

I find it best if possible to put the radiator in the front, and I have a CPU radiator at the back as the GPU always runs hotter than the CPU so fresh air on the GPU radiator is best IMHO. Even better if you can push/pull with a set of identical fans.

6. Blackjack Davy

Mobster

Small card, small fans, its going to be loud simply to dissipate all that heat. If you want quiet don't go MATX.

7. hartgeh3

Wise Guy

Thanks, ordered a larger case now. I couldn't fit the bloody 1080ti with the PSU as the G12 is too large. Thought I would order a Corsair 750 to find out its got the shortest cables ever......!!!

8. hartgeh3

Wise Guy

Bloody hell the X52 and G12 has made a massive difference! I ordered a larger Thermaltake case so much more room, barely hear that its on!