• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
I really want to buy my new PC already got £3k to burn now, but I really don't want to get a 1080TI if this is around the corner.. I was going to get that intel system with a 1070TI just to save money .. the struggle is real just don't know what to do , buy now with a Geforce GTX 1070TI .. or hold out even longer ...

You'll be gutted when the new cards come out. Just wait.

Associate
@RyanWork2018 Depending on your monitor resolution, if you're reluctant to wait it may be worth getting a card that is less likely to drop in value than a new 1070Ti.

You could get a 980 for example as a stop gap that you could sell on when the new cards come, the 980 will have lost most of it's value already. This is just an option if you're happy to dabble with used cards temporarily.

I got rid of a 1080Ti FTW Hybrid not too long ago and picked used 1070 in the MM for £330. When the new cards come the 1070 should still have half decent sell on value.

Associate
Haven't read through the thread but is there an ETA on when GTX 1180 releases? My 970 just ain't cutting it for very high settings at this point and it's either get the 1080 or wait for the GTX 1180.

Soldato
What? You think something is automatically a lie because it isn't true?

So if you make a mistake and say something that isn't true, or you believe something to be true that isn't, then you're lying?
From Dictionary.com
3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

Wait, did I just feed the troll? :o

Soldato
From Dictionary.com
3. an inaccurate or false statement; a falsehood.

Wait, did I just feed the troll? :o
Yes, that's a definition definition of lie. That wasn't what's being discussed.

A lie is an untruth or falsehood that is spoken intentionally to deceive.

Funnily enough, had you quoted the first 2 entries on Dictionary.com instead of selectively quoting the part that suits you, you'd have nothing to say.

1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.synonyms: prevarication, falsification.antonyms: truth.

2. something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture:
And I'm the troll?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, that's a definition definition of lie. That wasn't what's being discussed.
Funnily enough, had you quoted the first 2 entries on Dictionary.com instead of selectively quoting the part that suits you, you'd have nothing to say.
I quoted what was relevant not what suited me, ie people in this thread are giving inaccurate or false statements (based on heresay). The word can mean any of those three.

You were the one who started disputing something which quite clearly fits one of the definitions.

Soldato
All rumors point to sometime in 2H 2018 :p

Nope, At the moment it's all lies made up by bored people.

Just because something isn't true, or isn't verified to be true, doesn't mean it's a lie.

If you had access to the forum that listed the leaked aorus slide from January the planned launch date are listed, as well as others but thats if they got all the sides . Most of the vendors have their yearly roadmap then and not hard to spot a load of foreign people wearing their company's logo clothing entering HQs in Taiwan . Just one wasn't smart enough to be bullet proof- but it did take a while to get out .
one or two very large hardware know of the roadmaps but haven't mentioned anything as its such an early forecast, dates change . Turing was actually due in July but got delayed - not by a long shot but wouldn't hold my breath as i personally think it'll be delayed again.

To be honest, cant blame people for not trusting anything that's said by another member or a website- wouldn't personally trust Nvidia haha . Funny enough I mentioned Z490 in January and no one picked up on it/ called me a troll or anything, even stated b360/h370 were going to feature hardware that z390 would have and z370 lacked :(

Soldato
I quoted what was relevant not what suited me, ie people in this thread are giving inaccurate or false statements (based on heresay). The word can mean any of those three.

You were the one who started disputing something which quite clearly fits one of the definitions.
No, the original comment was all information at the moment is a lie. That is what I replied to.

Back
Top Bottom