• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Man of Honour
Lol. True. But maybe this time they want to maximise the window they can sell the 2080Ti as 7nm is not that far away relatively speaking.

Titans and XX80 Ti cards use the same base GPU chip but the margins on the Titan are much bigger so I think we will see that first. Either way NVidia will use the same number of chips but it is far more profitable putting them in the Titan first.:)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Titans and XX80 Ti cards use the same base GPU chip but the margins on the Titan are much bigger so I think we will see that first. Either way NVidia will use the same number of chips but it is far more profitable putting them in the Titan first.:)
You never know, they may change things up and sell failed titans as xx80ti this time around. Think about it, the first Titan pascal we got was not really the proper Titan anyway. The first pascal “Titan” had 3584 shader units and the proper one that came later had 3840. Considering the wait has been much longer this time, they may have been able to stock up enough full fat chips and sell those as Titans at maybe an even higher price from the get go.

Makes sense too really as I always thought it was not cool paying the huge price difference between an a ti card and Titan just to get 1gb more ram and get access to it a bit earlier. Having a titan may finally mean something going forward, rather than paying a huge premium for early access. Not saying it will, but it may go this way ;)

Last edited:
Permabanned
is'nt it know Ashes of the benchmark results uploads can be manipulated to hell ? or am I mistaken

Look at what they have done :( Must be a hard evidence these guys have zero credibility, whatsoever.

In just two weeks, they went from:

In line with what I reported a few days ago, another major leak has just occurred with details of invites being leaked (via Videocardz) of an NVIDIA event that will be happening around Gamescom and should be the event we have all been waiting for: the launch of their next-gen GPU lineup. The company is due to release the successor to the Pascal-based Geforce 10 series and this seems to be it.

NVIDIA launching its Next-Generation GeForce series at Gamescom 2018
The wait is over boys and girls, this is the moment we had been waiting for. The invites exist and have been set for Gamescom 2018 which starts on August 21 – a Tuesday.
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-launching-next-generation-graphics-cards-at-gamescom-2018/

to:

NVIDIA’s next-generation graphics cards are a complete mystery even after several rumors and leaks. While there is no concrete timeframe given when the new cards would launch, a listing in Ashes of the Singularity benchmark database (via TUM APISAK) may have revealed the next-gen flagship graphics card for the GeForce family.
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-2080-ti-benchmark-leak/

Soldato
You never know, they may change things up and sell failed titans at xx80ti this time around. Think about it, the first Titan pascal we got was not really the proper Titan anyway. The first pascal “Titan” had 3584 shader units and the proper one that game later had 3840. Considering the wait has been much longer this time they may have been able to stock up enough full fat chips and sell those as Titans at maybe an even higher price from the get go.

Makes sense too really as I always thought it was not cool paying the huge price difference between an a ti card and Titan just to get 1gb more ram and get access to it a bit earlier. Having a titan may finally mean something going forward, rather than paying a huge premium for early access. Not saying it will, but it may go this way ;)

This kind of logic would certainly make me more likely to buy a titan.

Caporegime
You never know, they may change things up and sell failed titans at xx80ti this time around. Think about it, the first Titan pascal we got was not really the proper Titan anyway. The first pascal “Titan” had 3584 shader units and the proper one that game later had 3840. Considering the wait has been much longer this time they may have been able to stock up enough full fat chips and sell those as Titans at maybe an even higher price from the get go.

There is also a much shorter shelf life before the 7nm GPUs come along so having a Titan Launched at the same time as a 1180 woudln't be that stupid.Both Nvidia and AMD always used to release the Halo card first, they switched to having medium sized GPUs first because the yields are better on new processes but the margins are still higher than the low end so easier to cover some losses. the 12nm process is not really new, and nvidia will be very experienced with it (it was basically created for them anyway, the Volta cards uses a 12nmFFn, where the n stands for Nvidia custom process). Nvidia should manage very high yields of a Titan sized GPU so could sell it form the start.

The onyl complex things is where does the Titan V fit in to all of this.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
There is also a much shorter shelf life before the 7nm GPUs come along so having a Titan Launched at the same time as a 1180 woudln't be that stupid.Both Nvidia and AMD always used to release the Halo card first, they switched to having medium sized GPUs first because the yields are better on new processes but the margins are still higher than the low end so easier to cover some losses. the 12nm process is not really new, and nvidia will be very experienced with it (it was basically created for them anyway, the Volta cards uses a 12nmFFn, where the n stands for Nvidia custom process). Nvidia should manage very high yields of a Titan sized GPU so could sell it form the start.

The onyl complex things is where does the Titan V fit in to all of this.

Yep, I mentioned that in the previous post a couple posts above :)

It will be interesting to see where the Titan V fits indeed. I would not be surprised if they do not take it into consideration much for where it fits in regards gaming performance, as that is not what it was built for, not the target audience I mean. So if anyone purchased it for gaming and suddenly there is something much better for one third the price, that is on them, caveat emptor style, lol.

Not that Nvidia care much about our wallets anyway, they just care we open them and throw what is inside at them! :D

Back
Top Bottom