• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce GTX1180/2080 Speculation thread

Soldato
Nvidia be like

DmkaDBN.gif

Would definitely add value to the Titan if it actually stayed as the 'Titan' for more than just a couple of months. I bet a lot of Titan P buyers were quite miffed when Titan 2.0 came out.

Gif made me smile. I’d reckon the Titan buyers felt totally done over to be honest, I would.

For me, I liked SLI setups. I’d pick up an *80 near launch and another second hand down the road. But SLI support isn’t what it was and I don’t want to go that route anymore, I sold my other 980 a while ago.

Titans hold their value a little better imo, and if at/near launch they produced a card that was significantly better than the ti was going to be, I’d buy it. I don’t think it will be the case, and given recent practices it’s not something I would do. It’ll be 1180ti for me, keep it for around 5 years, sell and upgrade.

I’ll delid my cpu and overclock the balls off it later down the road; my cooling solution is excellent now and I don’t think the 4790k is going to be inadequate for gaming for quite some time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I bought my Titan XM cards over 3 years ago and they're still going strong.

Agreed.
I don’t know if that is true anymore. The pascal titans on the members market are going for the same price or cheaper than 1080Ti.

With the old Titan X maxwell at least it had 6gb extra vram compared to the 980Ti. With the newer titans x pascal cards I would value a AIB 1080Ti that has a much better cooler on it more, the only difference is 1gb vram.

Soldato
I don’t know if that is true anymore. The pascal titans on the members market are going for the same price or cheaper than 1080Ti.

With the old Titan X maxwell at least it had 6gb extra vram compared to the 980Ti. With the newer titans x pascal cards I would value a AIB 1080Ti that has a much better cooler on it more, the only difference is 1gb vram.

Quite. This is why I was agreeing with great differentiation of the Titan name. I’d buy one if it was significantly better / more equipped, but it’s just not anymore.

I wonder if the Titan will become more of a prosumer card and the ti the top tier card for gamers from the next gen onwards.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I hope they move away from the Titan name, it's too confusing now
Would be nice, but it is a money printing machine so I doubt it. These days they name a GPU Titan and it means they can charge £1000+ for it and people will be happy to buy it.

I would be happy if they left Titan for cards like Titan V and charge £3000. Even if they are better by 10-30% for gaming due to sheer size, hardly anyone would buy it and consider it a gaming card. You may get like 1 or 2 owners of one on a huge enthusiast place like this, but no one will care. But at least it will be an option for people with deep pockets.

All this messing about Nvidia do to confuse and screw over consumers to maximise their profits now may come to bite them back in the arse one day though if they do not fix up soon. The main reason I am using their hardware now because is I have no other choice as AMD do not do 4K gaming and won’t be for another year or two. By then hopefully Intel will be in the game too. More competition the better I say :)

Associate
Soldato
Nar just with the titan name, when they did the XP and XP it got confusing cos the XP was better than the XP, and of course the XP was worser than the XP, which to choose tho the XP or XP, I dunno :p

Back
Top Bottom