• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 380 & GTX 360 Pictured + Specs

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
i cant even tell what that is from that picture
if you are going to break nda then at least get a good pic of the cards and not focus on yourself

you cant tell anythign from that pic
for all we know it could be a pair of 285s

here is a picture of a brick
product5265.gif

this brick has 20 shaders for those of you interested

Caporegime
Out of interest whys everyone assuming this is a pic of nv's new cards? You can barely see anything and as said above they could be anything, pair of 9800 gtx's for instance.

Soldato
GTX380 will be a monster :eek: Look at the L1 + L2 cache=1.8MB then throw in the 1.5GB Vram as well :eek:

Nvidia must know its something special as its quite expensive to put all that cache onto a graphics card and interface to the OS so I'm expecting a quantum leap performance wise once drivers have matured ;)

Well its probably official as this is the source along with another pic and some more info.

http://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/

Last edited:
Associate
I personally wouldn't have any issues with wires coming from the top of my case.

argueable tbh, if your case is below a desk or hidden/tucked away etc i would not mind either, but if it is on the desk and you got window'd case etc, you could argue that the wires on top would spoil the look of the case.

Associate
All I see is a fat guy. No benchies, and possible spec's
The green camp must be anxious.
I can't see any reason why nVidia would be concerned about the entire enthusiast market moving over to the ATi 5xxx series... oh wait. Yeah, I imagine they're concern but ATi was in the same position when nVidia launch the 8xxx series. However, ATi fought back strongly - the question is whether manufacturing issues will considerably affect what nVidia has to offer. I can't wait to see what Fermi offers, as then DX11 titles can finally start to be taken seriously.

Associate
argueable tbh, if your case is below a desk or hidden/tucked away etc i would not mind either, but if it is on the desk and you got window'd case etc, you could argue that the wires on top would spoil the look of the case.

My PC is on top of my desk next to my monitor, I can see where you are coming from but I'm imaginative and know how I would make my wires fit the look of my case ;)

Soldato
Nice timing, a pick of the GF100 just as the supply of 58** pick up !

Hmm... I guess everyone was wrong ;) the new Nvidia cards must be just around the corner then...

I hear the 5890 is a mega supped version of the 5870 too...

Man of Honour
Those specs look a little dissapointing really - as a rough ballpark the 360 looks like it would be a couple of percent faster than the 295GTX on average (for gaming) - so 10-15% faster than the 5870 and the 380 probably under 40% faster than that - maybe 45% faster at best... which means it would struggle to stay with the 5970. Tho without proper benchmarks those are guesstimates at best.

Soldato
Quite often data like this is spot on, but I remain dubious somewhat. I'm not going to believe they're actually the cards until there's evidence of them working. nVidia did recently own up to showing a dummy card at an event if I recall correctly.

Competition will be great though! Precisely the reason why I think it's bad idea to jump into the ATI camp right now. Prices are terrible and there's also a chance nvidia might pull something decent out the bag, though I don't upgrade my GPU often, and see me doing it less so in the future as my life seems to get busier and busier! Less time for games.

Man of Honour
I'm suprised by the shader clocks... they are 100Mhz higher for each part than earlier info and they were already suffering power leakage problems that would have potentially forced them to lower the clocks.

Soldato
Its really hard to say as its such an odd design...

Being able access 1.5Gb of VRAM over a wide memory bus should mean much better high res gaming compared to the 295.

The core and memory speeds also seem very conservative to me. I think it would be realistic to add 10-15% to the memory, and even as much as 20-30% to the core. 650Mhz just doesn't seem right considering.

Associate
i cant even tell what that is from that picture
if you are going to break nda then at least get a good pic of the cards and not focus on yourself

you cant tell anythign from that pic
for all we know it could be a pair of 285s

here is a picture of a brick
product5265.gif

this brick has 20 shaders for those of you interested

I love you. :D

Man of Honour
Its really hard to say as its such an odd design...

Being able access 1.5Gb of VRAM over a wide memory bus should mean much better high res gaming compared to the 295.

The core and memory speeds also seem very conservative to me. I think it would be realistic to add 10-15% to the memory, and even as much as 20-30% to the core. 650Mhz just doesn't seem right considering.

For high res gaming it would crush the 295GTX - the lack of VRAM on the 295GTX means that its next to useless at 2560x res when you turn AA on - even at 2048x my 896Mb 260GTX SLI can hit the VRAM wall if I turn on 16x AA sometimes.

Caporegime
lol, internals look almost exactly the same as my old Raven RV01-B

Id love to know where the airflow is in this thing, if you go to the following link and enlage the pic theres a disturbing lack of fans on what is meant to be a pic of a fully built computer.

http://www.maingear.com/boutique/pc/ShowInfo.asp?SIArray=84,&cd=The Final Finesse

Cable managemets really nice i have to say, just where the hells the intakes?? I can see a spot for one at the bottom but that seems to be a dedicated fan for the hard drives.

Back
Top Bottom