• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 380 & GTX 360 Pictured + Specs

Soldato
Not to mention Nvidia will probably invent some type of special license only AA that only the Geforce 380 can run.

Ive just been looking over Nvidia's recent on the tin marketing and the new card has to make this look like a big pile of >.< fail for it's army's of woot'ing morons.

GeForce GTX 295
Core: 684MHz, Memory: 1792MB 2160MHz GDDR3, Stream Processors: 480, Shader Clock: 1476MHz, SLi Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled.

The other problem is ATI are currently on top with a card that looks like this.

ATI Radeon HD 5970
Core: 735MHz, Memory: 2048MB 4040MHz GDDR5, Stream Processors: 3200, DirectX 11 Support, ATI CrossFireX Ready, ATI Eyefinity, ATI Stream, ATI Avivo HD.

Last edited:
Soldato
Id love to know where the airflow is in this thing, if you go to the following link and enlage the pic theres a disturbing lack of fans on what is meant to be a pic of a fully built computer.

http://www.maingear.com/boutique/pc/ShowInfo.asp?SIArray=84,&cd=The Final Finesse

Cable managemets really nice i have to say, just where the hells the intakes?? I can see a spot for one at the bottom but that seems to be a dedicated fan for the hard drives.

its probably just relying on hot air rising up and out

its got to work good considering damn case on its own is $2199 :eek:
....and its superior custom case is available even in its $2,199 base model.

edit ... well ok its a base model then with a low end system probably? (its late lol)

Lest you think the lowly $2,199 “low-end” configuration of the Shift isn’t impressive in its own right, its basic specs include the same superb case, a Core i7-860 CPU, an Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 graphics card, 4GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 memory, and a 750GB hard drive

Last edited:
Soldato
Id love to know where the airflow is in this thing, if you go to the following link and enlage the pic theres a disturbing lack of fans on what is meant to be a pic of a fully built computer.

http://www.maingear.com/boutique/pc/ShowInfo.asp?SIArray=84,&cd=The Final Finesse

Cable managemets really nice i have to say, just where the hells the intakes?? I can see a spot for one at the bottom but that seems to be a dedicated fan for the hard drives.
Tells you on there webpage ;) http://www.maingear.com/custom/desktops/shift/

air.png

Last edited:

bru

bru

Soldato
i cant believe you lot, here we have a picture of the Nvidia head of Marketing showing two of the new Nvidia cards and a list of specifications, and all you can talk about is the case thier housed in. laughing my bottom off.

at least lets talk about the specs, as atleast a couple has tried to do.

ATI 5870

Engine clock speed: 850 MHz
Processing power (single precision): 2.72 TeraFLOPS
Processing power (double precision): 544 GigaFLOPS
Polygon throughput: 850M polygons/sec
Data fetch rate (32-bit): 272 billion fetches/sec
Texel fill rate (bilinear filtered): 68 Gigatexels/sec
Pixel fill rate: 27.2 Gigapixels/sec
Anti-aliased pixel fill rate: 108.8 Gigasamples/sec
Memory clock speed: 1.2 GHz
Memory data rate: 4.8 Gbps
Memory bandwidth: 153.6 GB/sec
Maximum board power: 188 Watts
Idle board power: 27 Watts

ATI 5970

Engine clock speed: 725 MHz
Processing power (single precision): 4.64 TeraFLOPS
Processing power (double precision): 928 GigaFLOPS
Polygon throughput: 1.45 billion polygons/sec
Data fetch rate (32-bit): 464 billion fetches/sec
Texel fill rate (bilinear filtered): 116 Gigatexels/sec
Pixel fill rate: 46.4 Gigapixels/sec
Anti-aliased pixel fill rate: 185.6 Gigasamples/sec
Memory clock speed: 1.0 GHz
Memory data rate: 4.0 Gbps
Memory bandwidth: 256.0 GB/sec
Maximum board power: 294 Watts
Idle board power: 51 Watts

NVIDIA cards
GTX_300_specs.png

Soldato
OP
It's always been difficult to make performance conclusions from comparing NVIDIA and ATI specifications in the past, so I don't see why it would be any different now.

Associate
Won't be able to make a proper conclusion until launch when the benchies are released and the price revealed. Release date is the information i want not some tubby bloke giving it the thumbs up.

Soldato
Man, the 360 looks quite nerfed compared to previous "number 2" cards...

It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the 5850 in terms of price/performance ratio.

Su

Back
Top Bottom