• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 380 & GTX 360 Pictured + Specs

Soldato
mhh 360 looks like it has twice less teraflops then 5870, would this impact the performance or it does not really matter as it using new architecture ?

:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking at the specs and with previous comparisons i would reckon that the 360 will be slightly faster than the 5870.
Generally you can take however many cores the Nvidia card has, times it by 5, and you'll roughly get an ATI equivalent.

This makes the 360 around 1920 'ATI' shaders... So 20% faster than the 5870, assuming clock speeds are the same.

Associate
Generally you can take however many cores the Nvidia card has, times it by 5, and you'll roughly get an ATI equivalent.

This makes the 360 around 1920 'ATI' shaders... So 20% faster than the 5870, assuming clock speeds are the same.
assuming 58xx series hasn't created more efficient cores...

Associate
It's always been difficult to make performance conclusions from comparing NVIDIA and ATI specifications in the past, so I don't see why it would be any different now.

Based on these specs I would say easily faster then GTX285 SLI, so GTX380 should slot somewhere inbetween the HD5870 and HD5970.

GTX360 vs HD5870
GTX380 vs HD5970? maybe.

Last edited:
Soldato
mhh 360 looks like it has twice less teraflops then 5870, would this impact the performance or it does not really matter as it using new architecture ?

:p
The problem is that it is theoretical performance and it will not mean a the ATI card is twice as fast.

Some specs are better on Nvidia cards and others are better on ATI cards, most likely this will mean that the Nvidia card is faster in games that are limited by the part they are faster in and vice versa.

Soldato
i cant believe you lot, here we have a picture of the Nvidia head of Marketing showing two of the new Nvidia cards and a list of specifications, and all you can talk about is the case thier housed in. laughing my bottom off
But chances are them cards are fake....
If nvidia really had two working GTX 380 cards and they were blowing ATI 5870 & 5970 away then nvidia would be leaking the scores all the internet..;)

So am more interested in the case :D

Associate
Is it just me or is it a bit late in the day to be leaking specs and photos etc, nv are miles behind the competition at the mo , they need to just tell everyone what they are building and get it built....

Associate
I think they like to drop these little nuggets every once and a while to remind people that in the future a new Nvidia gfx will appear. It may be enough to sway those unsure about purchasing one of the 5xxx and think their effort will be appearing sooner so they hold off. :p

Soldato
I think they like to drop these little nuggets every once and a while to remind people that in the future a new Nvidia gfx will appear. It may be enough to sway those unsure about purchasing one of the 5xxx and think their effort will be appearing sooner so they hold off. :p

I really wouldn't be surprised. They wouldn't be the first company to strategically leak information.

Associate
Id love to know where the airflow is in this thing, if you go to the following link and enlage the pic theres a disturbing lack of fans on what is meant to be a pic of a fully built computer.

http://www.maingear.com/boutique/pc/ShowInfo.asp?SIArray=84,&cd=The Final Finesse

Cable managemets really nice i have to say, just where the hells the intakes?? I can see a spot for one at the bottom but that seems to be a dedicated fan for the hard drives.

There are two 180mm fans for intake on the RV01-B (which does have the exact same internal chassis) inside that thick crossbar, one above the PSU and one under the HDD rack.
Wouldnt say its an excellent cooling solution but it did work pretty well.

Soldato
If 360 is equivalent to a 5870 and priced competitively I think nvidia are onto a winner.

If 380 is equivalent or better than the 5970, ATi should be worried.

Soldato
If 360 is equivalent to a 5870 and priced competitively I think nvidia are onto a winner.

If 380 is equivalent or better than the 5970, ATi should be worried.

Currently ATI have no reason to be worried.

Why worry about vaporware? currently Nvidia have nothing, they have the "potential" for cards, but nothing even resembling something they can market.

If Nvidia publish something official stating that their new cards will be faster then yes, ATI will need to kick themselves into gear but until then Nvidia may as well not exist.

Caporegime
There are two 180mm fans for intake on the RV01-B (which does have the exact same internal chassis) inside that thick crossbar, one above the PSU and one under the HDD rack.
Wouldnt say its an excellent cooling solution but it did work pretty well.

Hmm makes sense, i can bet though they don;t sell it seperately :(

Gonna shoot them a mail now just to see.

Back
Top Bottom