• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 380 & GTX 360 Pictured + Specs

Soldato
If nvidia hadn't paid off that TSMC supervisor then they would be in big trouble. ;)

They still have to deal with the "performance crown" being firmly glued to ATI's bonce as ATI will have a refresh and possibly a beefed-up X2 by Fermi's March debut, with a new gen just 6 months after. ATI could've made so much money if it wasn't for TSMC, money which could've gone to R&D for the 6x00 series.

But they don't have to worry about consumers switching sides and ATI building up a war chest, for now.

Caporegime
Several things to point out, yes the cut down version is alost 2/3's of everything isn't it, infact its odd that L1 cache says its 3/4 of the 380, but l2 is 2/3rds of the 280. Considering each cluster should have l1/l2 together, 2/3 the shader clusters should have 2/3rds the l1 cache, not 3/4.

Either way, those are the specs, bandwidth/texel wise IF they hit those clocks.

Considering they don't have A3 silicon yet and can not possibly have it for another 2-3 weeks I believe, maybe 4 weeks those aren't in any way possibly final cards, its literally impossible.

Those could be a couple A2 silicon versions, in which case they are not running those clocks unless heavily overvolted/cooled/heated/etc and silly power consumption.

If the final clocks don't hit their targets, those specs go out the window, though the one thing I think those numbers could be is giving people a shout about the limited ability of the lower end version and how it will be significantly slower than the 380 version. I think they are lowering expectations because they will probably have terrible yields and require a pretty heavily cut down version to be able to salvage as many cores as possible. The fact the bar seems set sooooo low for the salvaged parts makes me think the 380 will be rare as hell and priced through the roof.

This is all ignoring the underlying architecture and how it does things, is tesselation done in software only, will it be ridiculously slow in games that offer teselation and will the majority of games out in the next year use it, who the heck knows to be honest. There are other DX11 things it might only be doing in software going by the rumours, and realistically even if it rapes benchies of older games, we might not know really how good it is till midway through next year and we have 3-4 more DX11 titles.

Caporegime
Well they don;t sell the case seperately, :( a shame as it looks quite nice, the raven looks quite gaudy to say the least. But they do sell full systems to the uk.

Last edited:
Associate
Well they don;t sell the case seperately, :( a shame as it looks quite nice, the raven looks quite gaudy to say the least. But they do sell full systems to the uk.
wasn't there a silverstone case (not raven) out recently that had a rotated mb? remember seeing some pics and it looked pretty nice, will have to try find it again now though.

edit: found it, fortress ft02.... looks pretty nice

Last edited:
Permabanned
Probably gonna pick 2 of these 380s up if there anygood...as long as i can play Bad Company 2 at CONSTANT 60fps at 1920 res,max detail,full AA etc i dont care what games are released for the next 12 months...as BC2 i wil be playing 24/7

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom