• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 670, Monitor loses signal on windows install

Associate
Hi guys,

Just put together a new rig,

EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2048MB
i7-3770K
Asus Z77 Maximus V Gene
GeIL Black Dragon 16GB
Kingston 250GB SSD

I have a problem and I assume its graphics card related. I begin to install w7, after it goes through the first part of install, it then goes for its first restart - the w7 loading logo appears briefly but then my monitor loses signal. I then have no option but to do a hard reset but then the w7 installation is aborted.

I am going to try using the motherboards hdmi port and do the install hopefully off there and then install the gfx once w7 is successfully installed.

Basically, I was just wondering if anyone had experienced the same problem and perhaps had a solution?

Thanks in advance! :)

Associate
OP
So, managed to get w7 installed via HDMI, turns out vga with a dvi adaptor on wasnt communicating at all.

Next problem is the monitor doesn't want to display 1920 x 1080 properly, it appears all stretched and completely and grainy. 1680 x 1050 works OK and is crisp but is slightly stretched horizontally which is very irritating, it also messes up my cursor for what I'm used to in-game.
My previous rig with the same monitor displayed 1980 x 1080 just fine, I've had a good google for suggestions to this but can't get a solution. Display drivers are up to date, just running a w7 update now.. hopefully that'll cure it.

Any further suggestions? Cheers

Associate
OP
I'm using a HDMI cable now, from monitor to 670. I had it connected with with dvi-i and have it to work occasionally but it doesn't always register a signal :confused: Never had this problem with my olg rig/card :(

Back
Top Bottom