• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 Overclocked. Drivers Borked? New x399 Build

Associate
Hi. I have a new build with the following components:

Gigabyte G1 980 gtx windforce ( old card, latest release drivers)
Asus x399 Zenith (latest bios 0506)
x1950 (no Overclock)
32gb DDR4 Corsair (2333MHz default timings)
Windows 10 64bit with all latest updates

Problem is I overclocked the GPU for the first time in 3 years and there is a problem with the driver's now and the GPU on reboot won't accept the Nvidia drivers and throws an error code 43 in device manager.

What I did to achieve this is the following:
Update full systems drivers and OS
Install MSI Afterburner
Install 3D Mark (current version)
*Incremental Overclocks to the GPU, stability testing using 3d Mark maintaining temps below 75 C
Final GPU Overclocks was 1385, VRAM 8000, voltage +82mv
Ran 3DMark 3 times, no problems or artifacts
Set AB to load this Overclock on reboot
Reboot

Think the last step of setting the Overclock on reboot was the **** up. Now whenever I reboot, the 980 gives an exclamation mark in device manager and refuses to load the driver giving the following error:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I've tried:
Removing Nvidia driver from system using DDU in safe mode. Reboot
driver comes up as MS default video card
Reinstall latest Nvidia driver, reboot
Uninstaller 980 from Device Manager
Same error code on Driver reinstall
Uninstall AB
Renoved GPU from PCI slot overnight (in case setting was stored in memory somewhere). Reinserted and same problem

I'm concerned that I'll have to reinstall windows again but it's not the end of the world, just a shame about the Overclock issue which my gpu desperately needs now lol

Any ideas??

Back
Top Bottom