• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 Ti GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD reference PCB / waterblock?

Soldato
Haven't seen too many reviews on this particular Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD

Does anyone know if it has the reference PCB and which water blocks would be compatible?

Kind regards

Caporegime
If you want reference then buy one with a reference cooler and that way a water block will fit.

Probably cheaper too considering your taking off the reason to buy that Windforce card.

Soldato
Haven't seen too many reviews on this particular Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD

Does anyone know if it has the reference PCB and which water blocks would be compatible?

Kind regards

Hi l bought the 980 Ti poseidon £620 OcUK its air cooleed or you just add it to your loop you just need to fittings.

Upgraded from SLi 4GB 670 well worth it as l game at 1440p, using the DSR sitting really nice graphics.

Soldato
I think he's already bought the windforce card, going by his wanted thread.

I don't think it does have a Reference PCB. I remember reading something about EK not releasing a block yet? Or it may have been something else!

Associate
The g1 and windforce are basically the same card but the windforce has less coil whine.

I have a pic somewhere of my windforce before i fitted a thermosphere block and the layout is identical with just a few components with different numbers

Associate
Associate
BXBcC7Fj.jpg

That is a pic of my windforce with the cooler removed, if you compare it to the pic of the g1 on ek's configurator you will see its basically an identical layout with some components the same shape but different numbers

I put the g1 firmware on my windforce and it screamed during heaven benchmark so i put my modified windforce bios back on and its so much quieter.

Boosts to 1500 on stock volts no probs

Soldato
OP
BXBcC7Fj.jpg

That is a pic of my windforce with the cooler removed, if you compare it to the pic of the g1 on ek's configurator you will see its basically an identical layout with some components the same shape but different numbers

I put the g1 firmware on my windforce and it screamed during heaven benchmark so i put my modified windforce bios back on and its so much quieter.

Boosts to 1500 on stock volts no probs

Thanks for the picture, very helpful indeed.

Associate
no probs m8

its a shame at stock they are limited to the 104% power limit but with a bit of reading and faff i got it upto 119%

Associate
I had the bios modified within a day of buying the card m8 and didnt really do much testing before so i couldnt say but i doubt it would be 100% game stable

Dont know about the led's or even if there are any tbh as i fitted the water block the day it was delivered, it was only plugged in on air to test it wasnt doa

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I had the bios modified within a day of buying the card m8 and didnt really do much testing before so i couldnt say but i doubt it would be 100% game stable

Dont know about the led's or even if there are any tbh as i fitted the water block the day it was delivered, it was only plugged in on air to test it wasnt doa

Ok ta!

Did yours come with a backplate?

Back
Top Bottom