• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Gtx vs Gts640

Associate
I love the Evga KO editions of these cards but is the exspense of the gtx worth it over Gts. Plan to upgrade to a tft sammy 22" or Sammy/Del 24".

Will be run on a commando mobo with duo6400 and 2g rv2 platinum Ocz.

Permabanned
If you go for the 22 inch a GTS is plenty. However, for the 24 inch you may want to consider the GTX. Having said that, my GTS is running everything i throw at it on my 2407WFP no problem. Don't know if this will still be the case come crysis though.

Associate
If you're considering gettin a new monitor i'd also look at the new 24" Sammy coming. It looks the nuts and i'm sure it'll follow Samsungs normal build quality.

Also, i went from a GTS 640 to a GTX and must say that i've noticed a difference in MIN frames/sec. I'd recommend the GTX if you can get one at a decent price, i got mine for £309 all in which meant when i sold my GTS for £240 the upgrade was only £69, bargain IMO.

Caporegime
wellibob said:
I would consider a GTS 640 , and if you get one that clocks like my Leadtek , 690 - 2140 , its has some power indeed ;)
nice clocks wellibob most i can get my 8800gts is 620/980 anything higher and it just freezes,mine is the bfg version

Back
Top Bottom