• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX1080ti performance for the least money

Associate
Hi all.
As title says really, just wondering what cards currently offer 1080ti performance for the least money as 1080ti cards even second hand seem to be going for silly money and with the advance in performance to cost over the last year or two I'm wondering what options are out there?

Building two new PC's soon so don't want to be paying more than I need to.

Caporegime
In all honesty, there are no decent options at the moment. The market is mental because of crypto mining. Best bet is probably just to keep your eyes peeled and see if you can snag a 3060ti at RRP.

Associate
OP
Yeah in an ideal world the 3060 would be a clear choice but everything is just hectic at the moment.
Was hoping if there were any non-RTX choices out there or even other brands that are available. Don't mind so much if performance is somewhat below that of a 1080ti if I can get a decent price.

Caporegime
Yeah in an ideal world the 3060 would be a clear choice but everything is just hectic at the moment.
Was hoping if there were any non-RTX choices out there or even other brands that are available. Don't mind so much if performance is somewhat below that of a 1080ti if I can get a decent price.

Trouble is, nothing is available. I had a good look (mainly out of interest) and basically zero uk retailer had any GPU in stock above something like a GT 710.

I was stunned. Its really a matter of getting lucky with a stock drop. Probably best set up some alerts on HUKD or something.

Soldato
I was gonna say RTX3060/ti but then I remembered you won't find stock

well when it's in stock at rrp then that's a good option

the upcoming AMD RX6700xt will probably have a similiar price and performance so that's another option if you can find it at rrp

Associate
Jammy! I can't find any much less than 500 quid. Most are well over.

Without naming competitors, look beyond UK, EU, you can find some at very good prices, just remember to factor in customs charges you may face (around 25% of the value) and you should be good, but a lot of times it works out cheaper still.

Also remember the long shipping time and potential warranty issues (some have international warranty), but that is a risk you have to judge whether you want to take.

Back
Top Bottom