• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX280 vs 4870x2

Associate
Ok guys, can you compare these two cards for me. I personally prefere nvidia's cards. Can you tell me which card will last the longest into the future and which performs best atm, given that you can oc the 280 by a lot. I have heard a lot of bad things about the 4870 such as the power comsumption and the noise it gives out.

Thanks! :D

Soldato
I have never ran an ATI card. But I'm seriously tempted to give my gf my 8800gtx and grab a 4870X2.

If I were you I'd get the 4870x2. Better performance then the 280 and cheaper then certain 280's also.

Crysis is really the only thing where the 280 is better at the moment.

Caporegime
Ok guys, can you compare these two cards for me. I personally prefere nvidia's cards. Can you tell me which card will last the longest into the future and which performs best atm, given that you can oc the 280 by a lot. I have heard a lot of bad things about the 4870 such as the power comsumption and the noise it gives out.

Thanks! :D

Why are you asking the very question that in this thread http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17927035

You seem quite happy to be offering the OP your advice on exactly the same subject?

Increasing post count?:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom