• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX285 and low power mode

Associate
Hi all,

I've recently been keeping an eye on temperatures on my rig using Everest. At idle my GTX285 hovers around 42-45 and can go up to 70 max when gaming, this is using Rivatuner to create some custom fan profiles. However, after playing Batman Arkham Asylum yesterday for a couple of sessions I noticed that each time the card wouldn't go lower than 55 when idle on Vista desktop. It stayed like this for an hour or so, I restarted and low and behold it started dropping back to the more usual 42-45. Its like the low power mode isn't kicking back in after the card has been used to play a game.

Just wondered if anyone has encountered this before? Is it a Vista issue? Nvidia driver issue (i'm using latest drivers btw) or possibly something to do with Rivatuner? Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for any replies.

Specs:

Asus Maximus Formula with E8400 @ 3.6 and Akasa Nero Cooler
BFG GTX285 OC
2xSATA HDs
Corsair 620w PSU
Akasa Zen Case
Vista 64 SP1

Associate
OP
OK so its looking like its a Vista issue, hopefully upgrading to Windows 7 soon will cure the problem. Thanks for the reply Dutch Guy.

Back
Top Bottom